About a week ago

ANDREA POV

It's been a week since my little incident with Devyn. I've done everything I can to not run into her in school. To be honest I have barely seen her and when I do, it's a quick glimpse. This whole week Devyn hasn't come down to the cafeteria and it was kind of a relief because I did not want it to be awkward.
The bell rings and I walk down to meet Ash.

"Hey, how are you?" He says as he grabs me into a hug. As I hug him, I suddenly spot Devyn over his shoulder.

"I'm good." He pulls away and follows my line of vision.

"Looks, like she'd back."

"Mhmm, come let's go eat." We walk in and sit down with Brianna, Isabella, Sierra, and Devyn. As I sit, Devyn looks up at me and our eyes lock for a few seconds until Ash kisses my temple and Devyn looks away.

"I actually forgot that I had something to do." Devyn gets up and leaves, no one stops her because we all know she needs her space.

"I don't know what's gotten into her." Gabe says as he joins us. Sierra shoots him a stare and he shrugs. The topic is quickly changed, but I have no idea what they're talking about.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom." I get up.

"Let me come with I need to go too!" Sierra says as she starts to walk with me. My heart starts to beat faster because I realized that maybe Devyn had told Sierra about what happened. We walked into the bathroom.

"So... is Devyn okay?" I ask as I wash my hands.

"Yes and no, the usual, family drama." I let out a sigh of relief.

"What about?"

"Things with her father. He's a real ass."

"Mhmm."

"She barely eats now, and hardly sleeps. Whatever it is going on between them, it's serious."

"Damn. I hope she's okay."

"I hope so too." We walk out, and as I pass by a window I see Devyn sitting on the steps outside smoking a cigarette.

"I'll see you in there okay? I'll be right back."

"Okie dokie." Sierra walks back into the cafeteria as I walk towards Devyn.