shoot

Andrea POV

"Nope. You're still doing it wrong." Devyn declares as the bullet ricochets against the wall.

"Well, you're supposed to be helping me, right?"

"I am."

"You've been standing there, watching me fail for the past ten minutes."

She rolls her eyes and walks towards me.

"Reload." I shake my head as I do as she says.

"You almost have it. While you were thinking that I was doing nothing, I was observing. Hold out your gun." Clenching my jaw, I hold it out, pointing at the target.

"Now what?"

"Fix your feet." I have a blank expression on my face and she notices, so she nudges my foot with hers until she thinks I have the right placement.

"There. That's the stance you want to be in."

"Okay. Do I shoot now?"

"Patience, love. Patience." She steps in even closer than before and places her hand on my stomach, and with the other she holds the gun, securing my hand.

"You want to tighten your stomach. And remember to breathe."

"Okay." Truth is, I can't focus on my breathing with her right next to me. Her head hovers over my shoulder and out of the corner of my eye I watch how her eyes lock onto the target.

"You're not breathing. In through your nose, out through your mouth. I like to think that the gun is just an extension of yourself. Don't overthink it.Come on, we'll do it together...1...2...3..."

I pull the trigger and it hits the bull's eye.

"Oh my god! I did it!" Without thinking I grab her into a hug.

"I told you."

"Thanks."

"No problemo." Devyn is smiling with pride.

After spending the afternoon at the gun range, we wait for the others by the big fountain located in the square. It marked the middle of the citadel. The streets were bustling with people, music and food.

"Come let's dance." Before I can resist, Dev grabs me and starts to dance in the middle of the square. Some people start cheering and watching. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. Before I knew it, people started to join us. I spun into the arms of an older man. He smiled at me and we danced some more. I looked for Devyn and saw her dancing with some kids, with one sitting on her shoulders. The song finally ended and everyone erupted into applause.

"That was fun." I say as I help the little boy on Devyn's shoulders climb down.

"This is for you Ms.Ackerman." A man walks over with flowers and hands them to Devyn.

"Thank you, wow." He gives her a smile and walks away.

"Here, why don't you have them." She hands them out for me to take.

"They're for you, I couldn't."

"I want you to have them, I insist." I take them from her hands.

"Hey guys! I've been looking all for you two!" Gabe jogs over to us.

"Hey, where's everyone else?" I ask.

"They're zip lining." He says out of breath while pointing at two tall buildings. As I follow his finger up to the sky, I spot two aircrafts.

"Hey, Dev...?"

"Mhmm?"

"Aren't those really close to the buildings?" She looks up to where I'm pointing.

"Yeah that's weird." Just as she finishes the sentence, a large thundering sound fills up the sky. Flames follow the sound. We watch as a building nearby is covered in flames. Horror fills Devyn's face and we stand there, frozen.

"Run.....RUN NOW!" The three of us follow the crowd, running away from the aircrafts.

"Wait, guys, Brianna, Sierra, everyone is in there." Gabe says while stopping.

"You guys go, I'll go get them." Devyn quickly orders.

"No, I'm coming too, Ashton is there too."

"Stop it's too..." Devyn doesn't have a chance to finish because one of the aircrafts flies into the tall building. The building with all of our friends.