tears of blood

ANDREA POV

"I hate you." Devyn says through gritted teeth. I can tell that she was hurt. It was all my fault. First Sloane, and now this. I could have prevented it.

"Ma'am? We can't find the other one. And we can't find the ring."

"Keep looking." I tell them. They nod and go back into the house.

"I say we shoot both of them and call it a day? What do you think?" Axel suggests.

"No we need her." I say.

"Or are you going soft on her?" He teases.

"Shut up. We have a mission to be carried out. Go." I wave him away.

"Was I just a mission too?" Devyn asks with tears in her eyes, but this time it's anger.

"Maybe." I lie. She was never part of it. But I'm starting to understand that it might be easier for her to hate me than love me. Loving me would hurt her.

"I see."

"I had to find a way to get into this place. To see the blueprints. To have the inside scoop." I say and I watch her close her eyes as she realizes all the information she's given me. It hurts to do this, and I knew I had to, but I still fell in love with her. I wish there was another way, but I have to go back with something.

"Miss Rahl! They're giving us a counterattack from the back, we won't be able to hold them off much longer. Take whatever we have and go. Now!" Axel interrupts and I hear gunshots again.

"Yeah, run Andrea. Run so far and hope to hell that I can't find you. Because when I do, I'll kill you. I'll do it. Once you start running, you won't have no peace. You'll always be looking over your back. You won't be able to laugh. You won't be able to sleep, or trust anyone ever again. I'll make you cry, I'll make you cry tears of blood, Andrea. " Devyn's words hurt and I stop in my tracks. I walk over to her and move her hair away from her face. I want to tell her that I love her, that all of this was for a reason, but I couldn't say it.

"I'd like to see you try." I whisper in her ear. As I reach for her handcuffs, my hand touches hers. I want to hold her one last time. That's when I see it on her finger.

"Is this what you were looking for?" She says with a smile. All of a sudden she breaks out of the handcuffs.

"I know what it does. You want it right? Come and get it." She stands in front of me.

Before I could do anything the house shakes and a loud explosion takes place. The ceiling starts to deteriorate and starts to cave in. A large piece of stone falls on Elijah and he screams in pain. Another piece falls between me and Devyn.

"Run Andrea!" Axel tells me as I see Sage in the distance. Rubble keeps falling and I watch Devyn watch me. The chandelier is about to fall on me but I summon my ring and it morphs into a staff and I cut through as it falls.

"It's you. You have it." Devyn realizes.

"Look at our fate." I say sadly.

"Goodbye, Devyn." I look at her one last time and before she could reach for me, I lunge out of the window. My skin burns from all the scratches from the shattered glass, but I land on my feet. I look back up to see Devyn peering down.

I run. I run and run. Two rings. Two enemies. Two worlds. Two lovers. That's what me and Devyn were, two lovers from two different worlds that weren't meant to collide. But our collision has created destruction. I fight back the tears as I reach the car. I take Ezra out and hold him close. I watch the Ackerman Palace in flames from distance. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Ezra coos and wraps his small hand around my finger. In the midst of all of this destruction, he was the most beautiful that could ever happen. The sirens in the distance reminded me where I was. I climb into the car. We had to leave.

We had to go home now.