ticket privilege

ANDREA POV

"I can't believe they're closing all after school activities."

"Why are you so mad Bella? I thought you didn't even like playing soccer." I chuckle.

"It grew on me."

"Mhmm." There was a new announcement at school in which they stated that all after school activities were cancelled until further notice due to security reasons.

"Do you think it's because of the Rahl's or the Runes?"

"No idea." We walk out into the parking lot and I see Ash waiting by his car.

"Hey Ash!" Isabella screams. He gives a smile and waves back.

"Do you want to come hang out with us?" I ask.

"I am drowning in homework, so I can't. Maybe tomorrow?"

"Ugh fine. Bye, love you." She drives off and I watch her leave. All of a sudden I feel someone's arms wrap around my hips from behind.

"Hey baby." Ash whispers while planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Hello." I turn around to face him.

"How was your day?" We get into his car.

"It was good, and you?"

"I missed you. Going to court is the most boring thing ever." Ash had to go to court for all of his driving violations, at this point even I couldn't keep track.

"I missed you too." He smiles again and leans in to kiss me.

"Well then you ready to hit the movies?"

"I guess. This movie better be as good as you say."

"Trust me it will."

"And did you ask Sierra...?"

"Oh yeah, Sierra and the gang will be there." After a 10 minute drive we pull into the theater parking lot. I see Sierra and Devyn laughing about something on the curb, while Gabriel and Brianna make out.

"Hey guys!" Sierra waves us over. I get out of the car and hug her.

"Hey Andrea." Devyn says with a smile that makes my stomach flip.

"Hey." I give her a hug and she smells so good that I want to melt into her. Not wanting the hug to be too long, I break apart from her and hug Brianna.

"Whoa, did I just see this right?" Gabriel exclaims.

"See what?" Ash asks.

"You two are not at each others necks... what happened?" Gabe looks over at me and Devyn.

"Nothing, we just got over our stupid differences... and now..." Dev walks over and places an arm around my neck, "we're the best of friends."

"Thank god, I thought it was always going to be this awkward." Ash laughs as he grabs my hand and we enter the building.

"Dev, can you please get us tickets?" They all look at her with puppy eyes. Devyn rolls her eyes and nods.

"Gotta use this privilege for something right?" She pulls out an orange card and heads to the front desk.

"I love this triple date." Brianna says as she hugs Gabe.

"Well my date is buying all of us tickets." Sierra says with her arms crossed over her chest. My stomach churns at the thought of Devyn being someone's date. I look down at the floor, and I decide to count the tiles instead.

"Okay I'm back." Devyn hands all of us our tickets.

"Thank you, you're the best." Sierra hugs Devyn and we head toward the room. I look down at the ticket and it looks different from the ones I've gotten before. These have the Ackerman family coat of arms. An escort meets us at the end of the hall and leads us down a narrow hallway. He taps somewhere on the wall and the wall opens up, revealing a lavish theater. The screen takes up one whole wall, while the seats are the most comfortable things I've ever sat on.

"Thanks, we'll be fine." Devyn says to the escort and he nods, walking away. Gabriel does bowing motions in front of Devyn and she throws a handful of popcorn on him. I find myself smiling as she does. The wall on the right is a bar and food stand, but I don't get a chance to see because the lights start to dim.

"Come let's sit." Ash says. We take the last row in the back. Ash sits on my left while Dev sits on my right. I sigh and fix my hair. Devyn seems to pick up on my uneasiness because she leans in to whisper.

"Do you want me to switch with Sierra?"

"No, it's fine." Guilt takes over me as I think about the things I said to her during the wedding. I shouldn't have done anything that day. And now she isn't acting like the stuck up Devyn anymore, so I'm running out of reasons to hate her. I watch her out of the corner of my eye. Her eyes are fixated to the screen.