confessor

ANDREA POV

"I feel like I hardly see you anymore." I tell Isabella as we walk into a park.

"I know, I've been busy. I work at the big tech building that we used to walk by before school." She replies with a laugh.

"No way! I knew you wanted to work there."

"Yeah, it's not too bad. Plus Sloane Ackerman is always in and out there. Speaking of Ackermans, how's your miss royalty?"

"She's good."

"So I take that you've been busy with her?"

"Mostly, yeah. Nothing much to do other than that. She takes me with on her little trips and I don't mind."

"You haven't thought about what you're going to do... with your life?"

"I have no idea."

"Well, your credentials are off the charts, you could be a part of anything you lay your finger on."

"I guess. I just need more time to figure out things. Plus, I think Devyn needs me around. She's under so much stress."

"Why do you revolve everything around her?"

"She's my girlfriend, I just want the best for her. She would do the same."

Isabella rolls her eyes at me.

"Things are changing. I can feel it." She says in a more serious tone.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I went to see my parents last week and they're all on edge. We've never had attacks like these in so long. And Runes being back feels unreal."

"I understand. It's scary."

Someone honks really loud at us and I turn to see Devyn in her car.

"I think that's your cue to go." Isabella says as she nods over to Devyn.

"Sorry, I didn't think she'd be back so quickly. You can come hang with us..?"

"I have work. But it's good to see you." She gives me a hug and she grabs my hand tightly and whispers.

"Please be careful. Please." Before I can say anything back she turns and walks away. I shove my hands in my pockets because they felt so cold. The weather had recently got chilly.

"Hello, beautiful." Devyn says as she unlocks the door.

"Hey, idiot, what are you up to?"

She sighs and looks out of the window.

"Is everything good? How was the meeting at the base?" I ask.

"It was good. I think I know why Ashton was at your place. I saw Mr.Donahue. He's under arrest."

She realizes that I already knew.

"Yeah, Ashton mentioned something about that."

"It's crazy. I practically grew up around him. I can't figure out why he would do such a thing."

"I wish I could give you an answer."

We sit in silence for a couple of minutes.

"How's Isabella?"

"She's good. She's working at one of Sloane's companies."

"Ah I see. I met Sloane today too.. went to her house."

"Yeah? And how was that?"

"It's always good to see her. She always knows what to say."

"That's what I love about her."