inner turmoil

ANDREA POV

I watched her throw her blazer away, and haven't seen her since. She probably didn't want it back, because filth like me had used it. Where even was she for the past two days?

"Psst." I look up from the worksheet I'm working on.

"Sit with at lunch. I need to talk to you." Sierra whispers and my heart does a little jump.

"Okay." I head down to the cafeteria with Isabella.

"What do you think this is about?"

"I don't know." We walk over to their table and sit down. Sierra, Gabriel, and Brianna are all smiling, and it makes me feel awkward.

"Uhhh, are you guys okay?"

"Yeah."

"Totally." I look around trying to read the room, but there's no luck. Then Ashton walks in and sits with us. At that moment, the three of them get up and move a table over. Isabella understands their cue and follows them.

"Hey, Andrea."

"Hey."

"I hope you don't mind me sitting here."

"I don't."

"You know, I just wanted to say sorry for the day of the dance. I was so irresponsible and an asshole to say the least."

"It's okay, it's not your fault."

"I was wondering if we could wipe the slate clean. And start over."

"Uh- yeah sure. Cool."

"Alright. Would you want to do something after school today?"

"I don't know yet. I have to check my schedule."

"Oh yeah, that's fine."

A figure in black walks over to the table with Sierra and Isabella. My eyes follow her until she turns. Devyn. I look away and I can feel the loud thumping of my heart. Why must this happen to me? Why did my heart feel like glitter every time she came by? No. I can't. This goes against everything I've worked for. I couldn't mess things up now. I needed to do everything to stay away from her.

"On second thought, I'm free today."

"Really?" Ashton asks a little to eagerly.

"Let's do whatever you have in mind."

"Okay. I'll meet you by the red flagpole after last class?"

"Sure."

"You can bring your friend if you want. I wouldn't want it to be awkward for you. And I can bring mine."

"No problem, sounds good." He starts to talk about soccer and I occasionally give him a smile, but my thoughts are clouded. Especially when I can feel Devyn's gaze. I just hope my heart can make peace with my mind during this inner war I was having. Why was this so hard, when all I my life I was used to giving up and making sacrifices?

I look towards her , and this time she was already looking back.