suit yourself

ANDREA POV

I open my eyes, squinting to get my vision in focus. Wherever I was at, it smelled like medicine and felt bright. With a groan I looked to around and realized I was in the hospital. I muster up all the energy I have to sit up. Looking around the room, I see Devyn dozed off in the chair. What was she doing here? She looked like a baby when she was sleeping, so at peace. All the muscles in her face were relaxed, and she almost didn't look like a stuck-up bitch because her brows had no furrow, and she didn't have that resting bitch face anymore. I laughed at my inner monologue.

I think she was a light sleeper, because she woke up to the sound of my shuffling in bed.

"Good morning." She said with a small yawn, as I watched her face turn into the stern 'Devyn face.'

"Good morning to you too." I huffed as I lay back down. Taking a look at her I noticed that she was wearing a black button down with black pants. Her buttons were undone from the top, and her sleeves were folded. While her arms and hands were exposed, I noticed all the bruises and scratches on them again, still wondering what she'd done to make them look like that. Feeling my gaze upon her knuckles, she tucked them into her pockets.

"How are you feeling?"

"Why do you care?" A small smile appeared on her face.

"I don't."

"Then why are you here?"

"Well, I had a moral obligation, and you ruined my party, love."

"Where's Isabella?"

"She left an hour ago."

"Oh."

"Yeah." Awkward silence loomed in the air for a few minutes until she asked me a question.

"Since I had to waste my precious time to drive you here, instead of drinking booze, I think you should tell me what happened last night." I close my eyes, trying to remember what went down, but all I could find were fragments of things I had no memory of.

"Look, I know Jacob-"

"Stop. Please. I don't want to talk about it. Especially not with you." She runs a hand through her hair, and at that moment I wanted to take back my words. I wanted her to stay.

"Fine. Suit yourself, love." She gets up from her chair and heads toward the door.

"I'll let Isabella know you're awake. Take care of that wrist." With that, she walked out and I was left alone on the hospital bed.

Staring at the ceiling, I tried to summon last night's moments. The last thing I remember was pushing Jacob away with the help of Isabella and heading toward the bathroom. Where was Isabella when I needed her?

A nurse walked in with a smile.

"Hello, Andrea, how are you today?"

"I'm better."

"That's good to hear. I'm here to discharge you. You have someone coming to pick you up?"

"Yes."

"Alright. You will have a follow up appointment with the doctor to check on your wrist. And she has recommended a psychiatrist to see." She handed me a bunch of papers.

"Uh- Thanks?"

"No problem. Just be careful with yourself. And no drinking. Your friend already paid the hospital bill, and your belongings are in that bag on the chair. You can change out of your gown now."

"Okay." She left as Isabella rushed in.

"Oh my, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." I stand and start to walk towards the chair but suddenly feel dizzy.