ezra

ANDREA POV

I wake up as someone puts a hand over my mouth.

"Shhhh. It's me Sloane." She slowly removes her hand and I sit up. I had went back to sleep after Devyn had left.

"What is it?" I whisper quietly.

"They're dead. The guards are dead downstairs. There's people downstairs, looking for me. We need to get out of here, now!"

I realize the fear in her voice as I grab the car keys. We quietly walk out into the hallway. The floor creaks and we stop in our tracks. I pull out my gun. The rocking chair in the living room moves back and forth and realize that someone was sitting on it, smoking a cigarette.

"Took you long enough to get out your rooms." The voice is deep. I point my gun at them, ready for any sudden moves. He waves his hand and guards appear out of no where. All of them had their guns pointed at us.

"I suggest you tell your friend to put that down, Sloane." The chair swivels around, and I finally see who it is. Elijah Ackerman.

"Father?" Sloane finally croaks out.

"Hello. I wanted to bring you home, we need to chat." An evil smile appears on his face.

"I don't think so." Sloane grabs my arm and suddenly moves into a smaller room, locking the door. The guards start to shoot at the door.

"There's no where to run sweetheart! Why are you running? All I ever did was love you! Is that my fault? Loving you? Loving your mother? I would have done anything for any of you." Elijah's voice is angry now as they try to tear down the door.

"We need to get out of here." I tell Sloane.

"The trash vent. We can slide down from there. You go first, and once you get down run to the car and have it started. Give me your gun."

"But-"

"Go!" When she yells the door swings open and the guards are inside. I open the vent door and get ready to slide down. Sloane starts to shoot at them and from the corner of my eye I see Elijah take out his gun and shoot at her. What the fuck was going on? I slide down and run to the car as my hands shake. I wait for Sloane to slide down after me, but I start to get worried. Was she okay? I bring the car closer to the vent, and finally she springs out of it. Quickly she climbs into the car.

"Go, Go!" She screams.

"Are you okay?" My eyes are on the road as I put my foot on the gas.

"Just drive to the palace. Quick, they're coming behind us!"

Through the mirror I see the guards getting into cars and tailing us.

"Fuck! Why is your fucking dad trying to kill you?"

"Aaah." She yelps in pain as she clutches her stomach.

"Oh my god, no not right now!"

"It's coming!"

"The baby??"

"Yes, fuck!" She screams in pain. I pick up the speed of the car as I see them gaining on us.

"Fuck, fuck." I look at her from the rearview mirror. She tries to lay down on the seat. Gunshots pierce the back window and I duck. I go even faster and take a turn.

"After then ext sign take a right and then a left. It'll take us under a bridge." Sloane manages to croak out as she screams again. I follow her directions and we reach under the bridge.

"What do I do?" I ask her.

"I don't know! We have to get the baby out!" She yells again. I open the car door and get out to help her in the back seat.

"Hold my hand okay?" I give her my hand and she squeezes it so tightly that I think my fingers are going to fall off.

"Okay, now just push as hard you can. I'll grab the head, you just focus on breathing and pushing." I try to instruct but I have no idea how to help give birth. But Sloane is resilient. She nods at me and starts to push with calculated breathing. God, she was the strongest woman I knew. After what felt like ages of agony, I watched as the head started to come through. I keep instructing her to push while I helped get the baby out.

Finally, the baby cries and I hold it in my jacket.

"Oh my god Sloane, you did it. It's a boy."

"Let me see him." The baby quiets down as Sloane holds him, but as she puts him on her chest she winces in pain.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Andrea, get him out of here. You can't take him back to the palace. Take him some where safe, away from this family. Promise me Andrea, promise me."

I take her hand.

"I promise, Sloane, nothing will happen to him."

"Ezra. His name is Ezra." She croaks out.

"He's beautiful." I say as I feel tears rolling down my cheeks. She cries too and for a moment we silently cry, holding each other.

"Have his middle name be Devyn. Tell him how much I loved him. Love him for me."

"What? No, Sloane?" I watch as she moves her shirt to show me her gunshot wound.

"Come on, I can get you to a hospital." I start to walk towards the driving seat but she grabs my hand.

"Andrea, I'm not going to make it. I can feel it. Take Ezra, and keep him safe. Tell Devyn what my father is up to. Tell her... he shot me. He shot his daughter." Sloane starts to cry again.

"Stop it, please. This can't be it."

"I'm trusting you to do the right thing.I'm leaving my life here with you." She kisses Ezra and holds my hand.

"I love you, Andrea. Thank you for everything." We both start to cry again and I hold Ezra close to me.

"Sloane? I need to tell you something, I'm not who you think I am-" But I felt her hand not move and fear took over me.

"Sloane? Sloane?" She was unresponsive.

She was gone. I scream into the air. I suddenly hear tires screeching above me and people shouting. I didn't want to leave Sloane's body just lying there but I had no choice. I give her one last kiss on the forehead and head back into the car.

I quickly start to drive again, before they could reach me. Watching from the rearview mirror I see how they were all hovering over Sloane's body. I had to find Devyn as quickly as possible. As I started my route to the Ackerman palace a weird tinge of red took over the sky. That's when I realized. The skies were red. It was the signal. This can't be happening right now.

I tuck Ezra away into the trunk, making sure he was okay. I had to get to the palace before anything else went wrong. Parking the car far away from the palace, I get out and grab my gun from the glove compartment. The car was far away to not be checked and close enough for me to run to.

"There you are!" A man says as I enter the palace.

"I had other things to handle. Where is everyone?" I ask him. Before he could answer another group walks in with Elijah Ackerman in handcuffs. They drop him to his knees.

"Who are you all?" He huffs.

"Tell me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you here."

"I have none." He says with a smile.

"Have you found the others?" I ask the man.

"We're looking for them now, ma'am. Here take this." He throws me a mask and I put it on.

"Keep him here until I get back."

I run through the halls to find Devyn before they do. Who knows what they'll do.