letting go

ANDREA POV

After an hour drive, we pull up in front of a colossal cabin surrounded by woods. The gigantic windows look like they're giving off light because of the sun's reflection.

"You guys finally made it!" Ash walks over to us.

"Yeah we did."

"Here let me get your things." Before I could protest, he grabs them out of my hands.

"Thanks." I look around to see that everyone has dispersed, with Sierra walking toward the cabin, Devyn and Iris are walking toward the side of it. They open the door and disappear inside, and I'm left standing out here with Ash.

"Sorry you had to go through all that. Hopefully we can make it up to you." Ash says sweetly.

"No, no, It's okay. You all have done enough just by inviting me here."

"My pleasure. Come let me show you to your room, you have to share with Sierra, is that okay?"

"Yeah. I mean- is it okay with her?"

"Yup, she loves making new friends." We shuffle toward the front door. He opens the door and I enter, and I'm immediately hit with the fresh scent of tea, and candles.

"It's around here." We walk into a hall and there's mind blowing paintings on the wall.

"Wow. These are so cool." I comment as I reach out to touch them.

"Yeah? It took me so much convincing to get these. Devyn doesn't just give out her paintings."

"You're telling me she painted these? Devyn?"

"Yeah, why?"

"She doesn't seem like the type. I think she'd be the one to tear paintings off the wall, you know?"

"I get that. You just have to get to know her. She's amazing." Amazing? I find that hard to believe. We walk through the long hall until we reach the end, where there are two bedrooms, the doors facing each other on either side of the hall.

"You and Sierra are on the right, and Devyn and Iris are on the left."

"Okay." I stand in front of him looking down at my feet.

"I'm glad you came. It'll be fun, I promise." I give him smile.

"I think I should shower and change."

"Yeah, my bedroom is upstairs if you need me, and the kitchen is down the hall on the left side."

"Got it." He turns and walks back through the hall as I enter the room. Sierra is on the bed, sprawled out.

"Only one bed?" I ask.

"Yup. But it's pretty big, don't you think? Or you could sleep on the floor."

"No it's fine. The bed works."

"Alright. The shower is there," She says while pointing to the bathroom, " and I put some fresh towels and soap for you too. Go get clean."

"Thank you, Sierra, really." I put my things down, and head to the bathroom. Stripping off my clothes, I hit the shower. The warm water felt like paradise in this moment, washing away all the dirt in the crevices of my skin. After drying myself, I headed back out and sat on the bed next to Sierra.

"We're going to have a bonfire today. We'll leave the crazy fun for tomorrow so you and Devyn can rest."

"Sometimes I feel like Devyn won't rest until she beats me." Sierra lets out a chuckle.

"She can get competitive, but you also don't know her too well. She's weird and cold around strangers, but soft around friends and family. Trust me, she's an angel."