born a mistake

DEVYN POV

It's been two weeks since the attack attempt Arden. Everyone is still on high alert but things have gone back to normal.

"You know that they're not cancelling the winter dance?"

"Dammit. I wish they would." I say jokingly.

"No, they want us to not be scared, plus it's a way to unite the student body or whatever." Sierra explained.

"Did you get an outfit?"

"Yeah I did, what about you?"

"I'm still looking." The dance was in two days and I had nothing to wear.

"I'll help. Have you thought about wearing a badass suit? I think you'd look extremely hot. AND you could pull it off."

"Maybe." Walking down to the cafeteria, I caught a glimpse of Andrea. She was wearing her jean jacket, ripped black jeans, and a white t-shirt.

"Hey you guys!!" Ashton came running to us as we made our way to the table.

"Aren't you happy today?"

"Okay, so you know how I said I'm gonna ask someone to the dance? Well I'm about to do it right now."

"Whoa, whoa, you haven't even told us who yet." Sierra yelled at him but he was too busy reaching for the bouquet of roses he had on the table.

"Wish me luck."

"Good luck." I say in a flat tone. He looked back me and rolled his eyes. I sat down with Sierra, Gabe and Brianna.

"I hope he doesn't make a fool out of himself." Gabe expresses and from the corner of my eye I see him grab Brianna's hand from under the table. Interesting.

"Well, I kind of hope he does." And they all let out a little laugh. As I start to eat my food, I see Ashton walking over to Andrea's table. What was he doing? Suddenly I had no interesting in eating anymore. As everyone in the cafeteria saw him walking to her, they went silent.

"Hey, it's Andrea right?" She looks up from the book she's reading and she places her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, what is it? Is this your table too?" She asks in a sassy tone. A few students laugh and even I seem to smile.

"Um. No. Not at all. I'm sorry for last time. I got these for you." He hands her the roses.

"Awe that's so sweet of you!" Isabella chimes in.

"I was wondering... if.. well... if you'd want to go to the dance with me..?"

"I-"

"She would love to go!!" Isabella interrupts Andrea to answer. Why does she feel the need to answer for her, she could do it herself.

"Yeah. Okay. I'll go."

"Really? Oh. Great. I'll talk to you later about details." Ashton turned around and I saw how flustered he was, and all I could think about was wiping that smile off his face. I don't know why, but I was suddenly so angry.

"You see that? That's how you do it." He sits with us and gives a handshake to Gabe. I look over at Andrea's table again, and this time she looks back. She gives me a little wave but I look away. I grab my bag and decide to leave to the gym.

"Where you going??" They all ask.

"No where."

I walk around the halls for a little bit, wanting to be alone. My monitor beeps and it's Reggie telling me to meet him outside. I clench my jaw, knowing this probably has something to do with my father. Sighing, I turn around and go towards the entrance of the building.