yacht

ANDREA POV

"Do you have everything?" Devyn asks as she helps pile my things into her car. I was cleaning out my dorm room, since the school year has come to an end.

"Yeah. Thanks for doing this, you really didn't have to."

"Hey, I'm always here for you no matter what. And this is nothing." She lifts the last bag and throws it into the trunk.

"Hmm is this the part where you say ' I'd move mountains for you, I'd bring you the stars?" I ask with a smirk as she closes the trunk.

She pulls me in by the waist.

" I did just move these mountains of bags for you, does that count?"

I laugh and kiss her.

"I still think you should just come stay with me for a bit."

"No, no. I'd just make matters worse. I already have a flat rented out. I'll be fine there."

"Are you sure? I don't like you living alone."

"You are welcome to come stay as long as you want."

"Oh, is that so?"

We get into her car and head over to my new flat.

"Not bad." Devyn reacts as she moves the blinds to see the view. We were on the fifth floor of the building.

"Help me unpack?"

"Right now?"

"No, tomorrow. Duh, right now."

"Oh come on, let's go out."

"I-"

"Please?"

"Fine."

Devyn's puppy eyes always win. That's what I've learned. We take a stroll along the beach. The thing about being around Devyn was, time felt nonexistent. I could just forget about everything.

"Ms.Ackerman?"

Devyn and I turn to see a middle aged man in his black uniform.

"Yes?"

"I know it's not my place to say this, but it's not safe for you here. You must try and stay on or around the Ackerman estate." He doesn't look up at her out of respect.

"Thank you for letting me know. We were just leaving."

"Devyn!" Sloane waves at us from on top of the harbor.

"Sloane what are you doing here?" Devyn asks as we walk towards her.

"Do you want to join me and Felix on our boat?" Sloane looks at Devyn first and then me and her smile grows wider.

"Sure." I say before Devyn could deny her.

"That's the spirit!" We climbed into the boat.

Devyn goes to find Felix who's fixing up some drinks.

"Andrea, how are you?" Sloane asks as she ushers me to sit on the sofa.

"I'm great. Especially on this yacht, I feel great." I reply with a laugh.

"It's Felix's. He loves it dearly. He's waiting for this little one," She pats her bulging stomach.

"Have you thought of names yet?"

"Well, if it's a girl, we want it to be Valentina, and if it's a boy, I'm thinking of Atlas."

"Both of those are beautiful choices."

"Thank you. So, I've been hearing rumors about your trip with Sage."

She can probably read the embarrassment on my face.