rally

DEVYN POV

"Get up, it's time for breakfast." I hear Andrea's voice as my eyes slowly open.

"You don't get to tell me what to do." I reply as I pull my blanket over my head and try to go back to sleep. I hear here footsteps come towards the bed.

"Devyn-" Just as she's about to rip the blanket off of me, I grab her arm and pull her down on me.

"Kiss me." I say and she smiles as her lips meet mine.

"Can't we just stay like this? You come back into bed, and we can breakfast brought to us?" I suggest as I kiss her again.

"Sounds tempting, my love, but we've got work to do." She stand back up and fixes her uniform.

"You know, I'm technically your boss right?" I watch as the sun makes her skin glisten through the window. I swear on everything good that she looked like an angel. My angel. I can't believe that I would ever be here.

"Hmm, and you know that Sloane is coming over today?"

"Oh fuck I forgot." I immediately spring out of bed and run into the shower.

"I'm going to go over to the security team! Bye, I love you!" I hear as she walks out of the room and I can't believe it. Did the L word just slip out of her mouth? Or did she mean it?

After I got dressed I had so many advisors talking to me at once, about speech suggestions and how I should present myself.

"I think we should get to the conference now." I declare as I walk down to my car.

As I get inside, Andrea hurries in behind me.

"Bodyguard work." She says with a wink.

"Do you think I'm too young for this?" I ask as I look down at my shoes.

"I don't, why?"

"I don't know. It's all a lot isn't it? Do you think I'm capable of taking care of everyone here?"

"Why are you doubting yourself?"

"I'm not, I just wanted to ask you since this is your home."

She grabs my hands and gives them a squeeze.

"I think you're perfect for this."

"Thank you."

"Devyn, I- well I've never been good at saying what I want. I never understood my emotions as well. I just- what I'm trying to say is that, no matter what happens, where life takes us, I want you to know that you've been the best part of my life. I don't know how and I don't know when I fell for you, but I did, and I fell hard. Devyn, I'm in love with you, I am. Nothing will ever change that."

"Wow, what did you have for breakfast?" I say as I laugh but she nudges me in return.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't see that coming, but I love you too. I don't know how to love or even if I'm capable of love, but I think this is it."

She smiles and I pull her in for a kiss. She climbs onto my lap as I wrap my hands around her waist. I start to kiss her neck but she pulls away.

"Not now, we're here, look." I look outside to where she was pointing. Thousands of people were gathered around a stage. My jaw almost drops to the floor as I see my poster hanging.

"You look hot." Andrea says as she watches me look at it.

"You're biased." I reply as we get out and make our way to the stage. Andrea mutters something into her ear piece. This reminded me of when I was a kid and I was dragged around into my Father's rallies. I watch as a group of cars pull up from the back side.