beg for me

DEVYN POV

I swallowed down my frustration as I saw Andrea laughing away with Ashton during lunch.

"How was your mini trip?" Sierra inquires and I break out of my fury.

"It was good. Sloane asked about you."

"AW I miss her."

"Yeah."

"I think you're lying. You seem down. What is it?"

"You know, things with my father."

"I see, anything I can do?"

"You can not make me go today after school with you guys?"

"Oh come on! We haven't spent some time together in ages. And soccer practice doesn't count."

"Maybe."

"Plus we get to see Ashton and the newbie try to get along. Don't they make a cute couple?"

I look over to Ash and Andrea and they're laughing about something.

"Yeah, very cute."

"Ash says he wants to go to the Arena. It'll be fun."

"Yeah okay. I'll see you guys there." I get up from the table and walk out. I needed to turn in some work to my teachers that I completed.

"You never get tired of wearing black, do you?" Turning around I see Iris in the middle of the hall.

"It's because I know you like it." I reply with a wink.

"Shut up." She walks over to me and I give her a long hug.

"Where have you been?"

"Why? Missed me?" Iris bats her lashes and I roll my eyes, when suddenly the image of Andrea and Ashton laughing plays in my head.

"You know what? Maybe I did." I take a step towards her and she backs herself against the wall. I let my hand rest by her face, so that she couldn't escape because my arm was blocking her. All of her confidence is washed out of her face, and I can see how vulnerable she is at this moment.

Leaning in close to her ear, I whisper, " You look awfully beautiful today." The space between us is so minuscule that I can hear her gasp. I move back to look at her, finding her eyes, and her cheeks are flushed pink.

"I'll see you around?" I announced as I started to walk away. She breaks out of her trance.

"Wait- you can't just-"

"Oh I can."

"You are still the same." She scoffs as the corner of her mouth quirked up.

"I'll take that as a compliment, love."

"What are you doing today?" She yelled as I walked away. Stopping in my tracks, I turned around.

"Meet me outside. Hang out with me today?"

"As you wish."

As I made my way to class, a smile appeared on my face. I didn't need Andrea, I never did, and that's exactly what I'll show her. I'll make her come running to me.

*vote, vote, voteee*