disgust

DEVYN POV

"You shouldn't go in there yet, your father is busy." One of the guards outside of my father's office warns me.

"Thanks for letting me know." I disregard his comments and fling the door open. My father has his back turned as he stares out of the window.

"Did you need something?" He asks.

"Why? I can't come talk to you, just because?"

"I have other things to worry about."

"I heard what you talked to the headmistress about." At this, he finally turns around to face me.

"About what?"

"You didn't want me in first place, why?"

"And who has told you this?"

"That doesn't matter."

He nods his head slowly and takes a seat on the couch. He waves me over and I trudge to the couch.

"It's true. I did say that." I can feel my heart break into even smaller pieces since the last time he broke it.

"I didn't ask if you did, I asked why."

"You can't handle it. You can't handle this life."

"What does that even mean?" My sadness is quickly turning into anger.

"Ever since you were little, you've been distracted. You've been different. You don't have the discipline that your sisters have. You can't control your emotions and sometimes even your actions."

"That's not true."

"Yeah? How many times have you ruined events? How many times have you not shown up?You didn't deserve that spot." He lights his cigar.

"Yeah, well I got it, didn't I?"

"Do you take me for a fool? I know about Ms.Ramos."

"I don't get how I can ever keep you happy with me. You're never satisfied."

"I'm not. You can't. Everything you are, is because of me. That's all."

"Don't start this again."

"It's the truth. You couldn't survive out there by yourself. Keep in mind that it's me who gave you all these opportunities. I have made you who you are. And you want to come in here, and ask me to appreciate you? No, Devyn, you need to appreciate me."

"You always do this. You always know just to make me feel like utter shit-"

"Watch your language."

"Why have you just kept me around if I'm just a fuck- up? Why do you always feel the need to diminish all of my accomplishments? Why does it always need to be about you? You have this weird obsession of wanting to be worshipped by everyone around you?"

"That will be enough. Get out."

"Sometimes I understand why mom left you for-"

With the speed of light he sends a slap across my face.

"One more word and you'll get something a lot more worse than that. You're nothing like an Ackerman. You disgust me."

I storm out before he could say anything more. From the front door Sloane, Felix, and Andrea enter. I can feel their eyes watching as I run up the stairs.

Locking my bedroom door behind me, I grab the nearest thing to me which in this case was a vase. I throw it against the wall, and it shatters loudly. I want to cry, but nothing comes out. I just sit there, feeling everything and nothing.