meet your match

DEVYN POV

"What time do we have practice today?" Sierra asks while she takes a seat next to me.

"4:30." I was glad that we were sitting at our usual table again in the cafeteria. At this angle we could see every inch of the cafeteria. Ash, Gabriel, and Brianna joined us.

"Hey guys!"

"What's up?"

"Just took a calculus test, it sucked."

"Ew."

"WAIT, I almost forgot to tell you guys, guess what I heard?" Sierra exclaims.

"What now?" Ash and Gabe ask.

"I heard that the new girl got moved up to fourth year."

"What? How?" Gabe asks.

"Beats me. She must be really good."

"I mean, she's hot." Ashton adds.

"Shut up. She probably just moved up because she begged the headmistress. She's biting off more than she can chew if you ask me." I reply with a hint of anger in my voice.

Brianna catches it and teases me, "Ooo are you feeling insecure?"

"No," I say with a laugh, " You think I'm worried about her? Nah, I don't think she has what it takes."

"Don't be so sure. You never know, this could be the time you finally meet your match." Sierra says with a shrug. I nudge her in the stomach.

"Ow!"

"I have no match."

"Okay, okay. Point taken."

"Do you guys think she's hot too, or??"

"ASHTON!!" We all say at the same time.

"Was just askin'" He puts his hands up in defeat. All this talk around the new girl will fade soon enough. She'll fall so hard, wishing she'd never climb so high in the first place.