A True King

The cold confrontation continued with words and slight confusion between all parties involved in the makeshift throne room of Kang.

Suno was somewhat surprised by William's words. The overachieving words of a child with no experience of this world, it was laughable to him.

"A King?" Suno bluntly asked.

"Yeah... A King." William replied without a drop of regret.

Suno was at a loss of words for William's arrogance, it led to nothing more than a cackle bursting through Suno's teeth. Kang grew irritated from this pause, while Alucard and William were somewhat lost. What exactly was so funny?

"You? A king? Don't make me laugh, you don't have what it takes to become one..." Suno replied with clear disdain in his words.

"Shut up! You wouldn't know anything about becoming one!" William shouted.

"You're just as helpless as Kang, how sad, but it doesn't matter... You will see a true King soon enough..." Suno said.

"A true king?" Alucard asked, but as soon as he finished his question, something alarmed him. 

A sound, something was coming. Although Alucard was usually the first one to hear something before the sound eventually got closer for everyone to be aware of it.

"Will..." Alucard softly said while being alarmed by whatever was coming in close to their location.

William paid his friend no mind, his tunnel vision was narrow and focused on Suno at the moment, someone who laughed at his ambitions.

Something's not right..., Alucard thought.

Meanwhile, Maka and Pierre were making their way out of the caves while Pierre carried Maka's sick father and Maka carried her mother

Piere couldn't believe he was carrying a grown man on his back as if he were a sick dog

"I can't believe I'm doing this..." Pierre said with a slight attitude under his breath.

"Quit whining. It had to be done... They're still too weak to walk." Maka replied.

I should've went back with Alucard...

 It didn't take long for the focus to shift however, with Maka stopping in the path in front of him. Pierre, just behind Maka, stops as well. He began to question what the reason was for their pause.

"What? Why are we stopping?" Pierre asked.

Maka looks at the ground beneath their feet and felt something was off. The sudden feeling of survival began to gnaw at her legs, but curiosity for the unknown caught her motion like clay.

"Something's not right..." Maka said.

"Well, thanks for that captain obvious.."

"No—" Maka looks up, and around, then continues, "You don't hear that?"