The Long Road Ahead

Pierre's eyes brightened, shocked at the information given by Maka. It was a strange occurrence, the two furballs weren't taken seriously, but after Maka's words, Pierre didn't know what to think.

"They are stronger than they appear, so be careful." Maka said.

The adorable orbs would make you believe their children's toys, but they were much more lethal than cotton. 

Pierre took notice and placed his guard higher, then murmured, "Oh, Hm... Ok."

Maka steps forward, saying, "Let's go." Just as she could take another step, Pierre's arm stops her from proceeding, "Why?" Maka asked Pierre.

"I trust they can handle it—Knowing them, if we enter now, we'll only get in the way." Pierre replied.

Pierre believed in their ability, especially after witnessing them go toe to toe with Trikog's father, these furballs were not a worry to him. Maka, on the other hand, had no such knowledge of that altercation. The only thing she did know was how capable the small snowmen were.

"What?! They can die against those things!"

Pierre sternly looked forward, then said, "Don't underestimate them."

Does he have that much faith in his friends?! Should I just trust them for once...

Alucard and the two furballs faced off in the snow ahead of Maka and Pierre. They began to surround Alucard, it was clear to them that they had the advantage, and they couldn't waste it on a formidable opponent.

soft steps in the white snow left behind light indents, lightly willowing against their hairy exterior. Alucard's eyes circled about, keeping sight of both of them simultaneously. 

"Fine, no more holding back now..." Alucard softly said. 

It was Alucard's turn in the subtle chess match, and he made his move count by hammering his foot into the snow, creating a large snow screen that could blind his opponents. 

The second furball extended his arms through the smoke and reached for Alucard, which was a success as it latched onto Alucard's shoulders. "Crap." Alucard softly said. 

Alucard was yanked through the snow screen he spawned, snowflakes hazed on his wet cheeks. The light revealed at the end of the tunnel, the furball is now in Alucard's sight, dragging him out from behind the short separation. The snowman began to wiggle while pulling Alucard closer.

The temporary wiggling soon came to an end, the snowball opened up, and its mouth widened like a crater. The opening was at least 7 feet tall and 4 feet wide.

Alucard's eyes tensed at the sight of the deadly abyss, "You're trying to eat me?!" Alucard shouted.

He pushed his foot against the snow, using the momentum to lift him into the air, hoping to avoid the large cave that presented itself, "Not happening." Alucard said.

Alucard landed his feet against the large fangs that attempted to tear him to pieces. "Will!! Now will be a perfect time for you to show up!!" Alucard shouted.

The furball continued to pull Alucard but soon realized the pulling wasn't resulting in progress. So instead, the snowman just released the vampire from his grasp, leaving Alucard to face off against a new enemy, gravity. 

"Crap." Alucard said. 

The snowball lowered its bottom jaw in an attempt to catch Alucard with its mouth. It was wide as a baseball mitt. William, on the other hand, already prepared his move as well. It seemed like he enjoyed the sideline for quite some time, William had his entire right arm covered in ice while his left hand strongly gripped his right bicep, which wasn't in ice. William also had one eye opened and one closed, as if he was aiming at something.