Blood Magic

Pierre couldn't take William's remark seriously. Takedown the King? They represented Camelot after all, and doing something like this without expecting any repercussions from it is foolish, to say the least. There was no way they could even imagine doing such a task. "You can't be serious, right?" Pierre asked.

"I like this kid, where'd you find him, bro?" Dukog said.

"Are you mad, boy?" The mother asked.

"I'm serious. A king who does this shouldn't be king at all, so why not?" William asked, his simple-minded thought process didn't match well with common sense.

"No, no why not?! This king has an army you idiot, we can't just walk up in there and take down the king!" Pierre shouted at William, why must he be the parent of their partnership. He grew tired of being the only one capable of logic.

"Why not!" William demanded. Stubbornness may have just been a strong suit within the young traveler. Morally, his argument was as strong as iron, but logically, it practically made no sense at all.

Pierre, still irritated with his comrade, scoffed at his unwillingness for reality. "Because it takes more than that!" Pierre shouted. It shouldn't be this hard to understand that these two travelers couldn't take on an entire kingdom by themselves.

William wasn't hearing the words of wisdom, instead, he remained headstrong in his pursuit of a just cause. "Why?!" William asked. He was the only one who remained elusive to the obvious fact.

Pierre dismissed his friend by turning his head away, ejecting himself from a pointless shouting contest. "Why am I even arguing with you, you are too stubborn to argue with!"

William wouldn't allow Pierre an easy exit, he insisted on a settlement, only looking for an end that placed in his favor. "I say we do it! Do you have any better ideas?!"

"If we want to rescue Trikog's father—we can do that—But taking down the King of Holmfirth is out of the question." Pierre retorted.

The words from the sorcerer brought curiosity to Trikog, who submitted himself to the conversation. "You have a plan to rescue my father?" Trikog asked.

"Well—" Pierre rubbed his cheeks with his index finger and thumb, extending a thought he had prior, "I've been thinking about it since you told me he is in some type of entertainment pits, right? That sounds like a colosseum. If one of us can successfully enter the tournament or whatever event they are holding, we might be able to rescue him." Pierre said. This plan was solid, although the large part would be that one of them would have to risk their own safety entering the event.

"What?! How?!" Dukog asked Pierre, not fully understanding the vague plan for rescuing their father.

"Normal colosseum rules usually go that whoever wins the game they have, they can get any prize they ask for, well any reasonable prize. If one of us wins, we can just ask for your father back as our prize." Pierre said.

"Oh—That sounds like a good plan." Dukog said.

Pierre raised his finger, finishing the thought with the drawbacks that came with it, "There is a problem with it, however... Depending on the game, we might be able to take him out alive, but if the game requires a fight to the death then..."

"I get it—" Dukog interrupted, "If it's a fight to the death, we won't be able to save my old man, right?" Dukog said.

"Precisely." Pierre said.

William shot up from his chair with a head full of optimism, "I say we barge right in Holmfirth and demand for the king to fight!"

"You truly are a hopeless brute!" Pierre said.