Tagged In

"It was Poison." Suno softly said. 

The three words were more than enough to leave the room speechless. Such a filthy move on the general's part, to bring such pain to this family before Maka's promise could come to pass. This was nothing more than a game to him, he felt euphoric watching the pain of others. It felt transcending whenever he had a part in it.

"What?!" The father shouted.

Maka glanced to the cage, and murmured, "Mama..."

"I had a plan for my backup plan, that is all. How foolish to think that I would let you walk away with your lives. It had to be done, for the sake of King Kang." Suno said.

Suno's excuse had the weight of paper, Maka could care less about his explanation on the matter, it filled her with scorn for the general. 

"You bastard..." Maka said.

A grin grinding against her jaw, along with a squished frown of hate, she could no longer control the animation as tears crawled down her cheeks.

"I had expected you to be this way. If you want the antidote to save your mother, the answer is simple. Kill that boy." Suno said.

Suno's arousal grew further, what will she do in this scenario? Will she turn on the friend with a million promises to save her family, or will she refuse and remain headstrong against the wall. Whatever she was to pick, her death remained inevitable to the general.

"What... You..." Maka stuttered at the proposal,  "You can't be serious..."

"Your mother only has minutes to spare, Maka." Suno reminded Maka.

"Tch..." Maka sucked her teeth, then thought, I—I thought they wanted him alive—What... what's going on... I don't know what to do—I can't possibly do that to someone who's treated me so kindly... I... I can't... I can't!!!

Maka was moments away from exploding in confusion, stuck on the options of what to do. She couldn't just turn her back on someone who accepted her with open arms even though her first impression wasn't what one would call an excellent one. 

She was soon devoured whole by darkness, dwindling in her subconscious. She sat, balled up in tears, in the void of her emotions. It felt as if the pain was her purpose, as if this was just the beginning of her never-ending suffering. What did she do to deserve such a fate? Why have the gods forsaken her?

Just as she began to lose control, a bright light shined from the heavens, callouses pressed against her head. The spotlight illuminated in her thoughts, feeding her the strength she needed to stand and look up to the heavens.

"Will?..." Maka softly said.

Will pulled his hand from Maka's dark hair, flowing through the strands, reminding her of the reality she was involved in. 

"Don't worry—I think it's my turn anyway. You just sit back now, ok." William said. 

His face was as calming as a beautiful sunset but beneath the confidence sat the rage of the titans. Suno's move left him with the wrath of Zeus, he could no longer sit by and watch.

"Will..." Maka said again. 

Tears rolled down her eyes and hope bubbled in her chest. 

"You'd rather have your mother die?! Maka?!" Suno shouted.

He attempted to turn the blade that sat deep in her stomach, gaining pleasure in watching her shatter like glass. William's anger only heightened at Suno's words, as if anything that escaped the snowman's lips would only add more fuel to the engulfing flames.

"You shut up! You've done enough already! Just stop talking!" William yelled.

William's words gained the attention of everyone in the cave, with few rejecting the message while many began to cheer for the underdog. 

Suno smirked, watching William lose control made him giddy underneath the grin, and asked, "What are you going to do, boy?"

Will then claps his hands together and thinks, Hey, Dasos...

I heard everything, Will..., Dasos responded.

The scaled companion remained sitting just outside the cave, but their connection was stronger than tungsten. 

Alright, shall we?, William thought.

No problem, Dasos replied.

"Let's do this..." William said.

Suno's eyes began to brighten at what occurred before him, shocked by William's glow, his potential began to climb exponentially in mere seconds.

His Ren is growing exponentially... But how...

Will, with his palms together, makes the first move. "Ice Spears!" William shouts, and just on command, two ice spears generate right above his shoulders. 

William rapidly grabs the spears and hurls them directly toward Suno. Instead of acting right away, Suno analyzes the first move and looks to decide his next few moves in that instance.

If I dodge, that will leave me open for an attack...

Suno decides to catch the spears that were thrown his way. Catching them wasn't an easy task as the sheer speed from the catapult pulled Suno back after he secured the frigid spears.

"Is that all?" Suno said. 

Suno glanced back after securing the icicles and was greeted by William bull-rushing straight at him, already preparing for a second attack with his fist covered in ice.

"What?! When?!" Suno shouted. 

The speed William displayed was shocking, how was he able to close the gap on such short notice after using significant energy tossing his spears beforehand? 

William cocked his fist back, anticipating a lethal impact, and shouted, "Ice!!—" then made contact, shoving his ice-covered knuckles straight into the general's jaw, "PUNCH!!"

William's punch was so powerful that the frozen barrier shattered from the impact

Impossible...

Suno flew back from the critical hit, nothing but thoughts were escaping as the wind carried him through the cave.

So this is the power of the child of prophecy...

The general slams into the stone cave wall, and the audience watched in shock, just how strong was William? He's never really gone all out before, and that recent display was a first for Maka. Talk about a great first impression for her parents.

"Now that that's over, we should hurry with that antidote." William said.

Who... Who is this child?

Maka's father was astonished at the overwhelming strength from the boy his daughter brought as if he wasn't human. William walked over to Suno's slumbering corpse dented that was dented into the wall with the intention to retrieve the antidote.

Why—Why is he doing so much to help me?? Do I deserve this? This type of kindness? Well, that's what friends are for, right, Will?, Maka thought.

William began to dig through the pockets of Suno's uniform, and says, "Man, he really pissed me off." He then yanked out a small bottle along with a key, "Welp, that wasn't so bad..." he turned to Maka and tossed the items, "Maka, catch!" 

Maka caught the two objects with ease, even though she wasn't paying much attention to them, to begin with.

Will... Thank you...