The Legendary Quest!

William could barely hold back the excitement that ricocheted through every corner within him, he has finally made it this far, and meeting the King is only the first step on the endless staircase. 

Merlin opens the throne room doors without having to lay a finger on the velvet-colored wood. The elegant golden sprinkled floor of the throne room, along with the multicolored sunlight beaming through mural windows within the gracious walls of Camelot. The gold and silver throne sat in the center of any man's vision as soon as they entered the room, and surprisingly enough, it was empty.

"Huh? My apologies son, he's usually here." Merlin said. 

Then suddenly doors swung open from another entrance within the throne room and a prideful man with a goatee and short ginger hair enters as he is preoccupied with another man in an emerald suit of armor. The prideful ginger wore royal garments of red and gold, with an occasional touch of blue and green, it was quite elegant, from the jewelry wrapped around his fingers to the high-quality cotton that covered his skin. The knight within the emerald armor was bald and looked older than the noble, and seemed to be diplomatic with his current situation, with a look of respect and honor.

"We should make a move on that territory already." The noble said, with quiet the confidence that whatever he said would be nothing more than fate.

"How would we be able to do that when the land is already occupied, sir?" The Knight remained respectful even through his disagreement with the noble's decision.

"Well, can't we just do something about that?" The noble replied. 

The noble then glanced over to Merlin with curiosity as to what Merlin was doing within the throne room, a place he chooses to avoid more times than not as he doesn't have a passion for politics. "What brings you here, Merlin?"

Merlin stepped aside to reveal the tourist from nowhere just behind him, "Oh, this young man wanted to see you, his name is William Waynack."

William glimmered with excitement, his eyes sparkled like fairy dust, "Woah... That's actually him..." William softly said.

"Waynack? Must be a peasant's name. What does the boy want?"

William grew stagefright, the spotlight was blinding, especially to one who never had a part in the theatre before, "Oh—Um—"

Merlin had confidence in William, giving him center stage through the process, "Go on sir Waynack."

Arthur's impatience stuck out on his brow, raised and annoyed with the seconds being thrown away, "Well, what is it, child?"

"I wanted to know——Why did you give up looking for the holy grail?!"

Williams' words shook the throne room with silence, an awkward silence that happened with words of offense, no one knowing what to say or whether or not Arthur took disrespect to the question. "You were the only one who went on such a legendary quest for it, so why, through all that, you gave up?"

"Boy..." Arthur softly said. 

Merlin knew right away that Arthur wasn't happy about the current situation he walked into, even though Merlin took amusement in William's question. Pierre reluctantly regrets bringing William here now, seeing that Arthur was barely holding back his sovereign ferocity by nothing more than a hair. 

The emerald knight also took notice of the King's current state and quickly spoke before the king could. "Sir, please think about your next words wisely." The knight said to Arthur.

Arthur's eyes were shut, fingers motioned about as a tick to refrain him from violence, "I know—William was it?" Arthur said.

"Yes, sir."