The Champion

The dark elf stood with the rage of his people, interrupting the progress of the tournament with a frown of a thousand faces. His arm dangled against his hip, but pain, as annoying as it may be, was not his concern. He yearned for the death of the high elf that stood before him.

My people have known nothing but war for the past 5 years... The High Elves continue to kill our kind and I can't forgive him... I saw him scouting for possible mercenaries earlier... I will never accept defeat from a High Elf... NEVER! He isn't an ordinary High Elf either... He's a prince... Prince Stefan, If I'm able to bring the head of a prince, I can bring pride to our defeated species...

Revenge drove the dingy wheels into disaster, he had no thought for his own safety at this point, the only thing on his mind was the pride of his brothers and sisters. War lasted between their races, and this battle was not absent from that clause, especially if he could somehow defeat the golden prince. 

The host grew annoyed by the holdup, and shrugged, "That's enough, you lost, accept that and deal with your problems outside of the tournament..."

"Why are you so nonchalant about it?!" Alucard and William shouted at her.

It was as if she did less than the bare minimum for her job.

Stefan, in the face of the fire, didn't act as one would with violence, instead, he heard the cries from his former opponent, and contemplated ways to help. 

"If you allow me to, we can speak about this problem." Stefan said.

The dark elf ignored the words of reason, filled with far too much vengeance to have a cup of tea. "Shut up!! Your people kill my kind every day and you want to talk with me?! How dare you!!"

The crowd began to murmur amongst themselves, all growing tired of the holdup that paused the tournament. Lucy, in particular, didn't care for this sideshow and hoped to continue the tournament as much as the next person. He had front row seats to it, standing just behind the dark elf, but remained unamused.

"I think we've seen enough of this." Lucy said.

Lucy presses his hand against the dark elf's back, which received a teal glance back, "Stay out of this!" The dark elf shouted.

Lucy, instead of listening, snaps his fingers, and the dark elf disappears without a trace. The host rolled her eyes at Lucy, who involved himself without his action being necessary. She wasn't too fond of Lucy's type, the man who loves the theatrics that comes along with a match. He relished in it, all eyes plastered on him while he resumed the tournament. 

"That'll hold him for now, why don't we continue this..." Lucy said.

He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, acting as if he was used to the spotlight. The host resumed her duties of running the tournament, "You didn't have to do that, but ok... The next match is—"

But as soon as she hoped to resume the tournament, Stefan stepped from the stage and halted, inches from Lucy, with contempt smeared on his face.

"Release him, Lucy." Stefan demanded.

Lucy relished in the confrontation, and smiled back at Stefan, "Oh in due time, once this tournament is finished he will be set free and you two can settle your quarrel like adults."

"Can we please continue this thing?" The woman asked.

Stefan stood still, silent as he gazed into Lucy's eyes with intent. Lucy returned the favor, smiling back, aroused from the malicious thoughts pouring from Stefan's eyes. They were so close that they could feel each other's breath and smell their last shared meal together.