Part 2, Chapter 38. Bracket F.

As David makes his way down to the stadium seating to see Kyla, a blonde-haired man watches, hidden around a corner at the bottom of the stairs.

He pulls out a radio, but before he can key it up, David reaches around the corner, pins him against the wall, and twists his arm behind his back

"News flash, bro. Next time you follow someone, wear fewer accessories. You were so noisy I could hear you from down the hall." David twists his arm a bit more. "Now what are you doing following me?"

The man turns his head with a painful smile. "I am investigating increased psychic activity in the area." He jerks his head at David's pocket. "That must be Lugia. I was about to report that he had been located."

David leans forward. "I suggest you delay that report. Lugia and Ho-oh are under our protection until our suspect can be detained."

"You mean your sloppy gym thief? Yeah, I already ruled that one out of my investigation, no psychic activity was detected at those locations." The man replies.

David loosens his grip. "So we ARE dealing with two different trouble makers." David then lets go of the man.

The man slowly turns around to face David. "It would appear so."

"Who are you working for?" David asks.

"I am from a special branch of the SPTU. I was called in as backup for Angelia, but she went missing." The man replies. "My name is Sparks."

"Then you are aware of who I am?!!" David says angrily.

Sparks smiles. "I am not a full-time agent. I was called in to help because it was an emergency assignment. So.. to answer your question, no.. I have no idea who you are."

"I am Doctor David Brown, Pokemon League President." David replies sharply.

Sparks' eyes widen. "Well.. this is awkward. I guess that kind of makes you my boss."

"Yeah. You are correct. So head upstairs, get with Jordan and Charles, and get them up to speed on your findings thus far." David orders.

Sparks quickly bows. "Yes, Sir!" He then turns and runs upstairs.

David shakes his head, watching Sparks run up the stairs. "A freaking SPTU call in?.. What is wrong with them?!"

Blare stands behind him eating some fries. "Maybe it is because their best and brightest are MIA?!" She says with her mouth full.

David jumps in surprise, whipping around. "What the hell, Blare?!"

"Really? I can sneak up on you, but a green SPTU agent can't sneak around behind your back?" She asks sarcastically, her mouth still full.

"Apparently!" David exclaims.

"You're weird. You make no sense." Blare groans as she walks back towards the stands.