Chapter 11. Too Much

David returns, setting the hairbrush on the front counter, and leans against the wall with a sigh.

"What is wrong with you?" Blare asks.

"I had no idea how much ground Kyla had to cover. I take every mean thing I ever said about her back." David replies.

"What did you say about her?" Blare asks curiously.

"Well, originally I thought my boss was just a girly girl with no work ethic, more and more I realized that was not the case. Now I see she is a harder worker than me. If she was a full-time trainer, I have no doubt she would have mastered Kanto by now, maybe even halfway through Johto too." David says.

"No offense taken, but fuck you, David." Kyla says from the other room, as she turns the corner with one of the drinks in her hand. "On another note, thank you for the drinks, supplies, and leaving your Pokemon to help Blare."

"Shit." David says as he falls into a chair with a thud. "You are welcome...."

"How was the area?" Kyla asks.

"Quiet as far as the main island is concerned. Oh, Blare, the Eevees say hello." David says.

"How far out did you go?" Kyla asks.

"The main island and the two closest." David answers.

Kyla chuckles. "That is why you are so worn out. Meet the crazies, huh?"

"The crazies?!" Blare asks.

"Yeah, there are two islands near the main island. One is barely ever visited by trainers, so wild Pokemon go there to avoid capture. The other thou.... is full of bat shit crazy Pokemon that will attack the first thing they see, without question." Kyla responds.

"What is their deal, seriously?! They just went berserk the minute I hit the beach." David exclaims.

"I have no idea. I figured that was the island Tentacruel came from, based on how he was acting." Kyla leans against the doorway. "Once captured, they are fine... most of the time, but sometimes they never get used to their trainers."

"How are you feeling?" David asks. 

"Better, thanks for asking. Laying on Chaz was like cuddling with a warm blanket. He is up and about at full blast again, by the way." Kyla says.

"That is what he needed, bit of Protein and a long hug." David smiles.

"Do you hug your Pokemon, David?!" Kyla asks, annoyed.

"Yes, why wouldn't I?" David looks surprised at the question.

"I sleep with Eve every night if that counts." Blare says.

"That is sweet, Blare. That is a great way to bond, especially with an Eevee. They can be very.... unsure of themselves." David says. "It is very good that you give her that reassurance."

"What do you mean, unsure?" Blare looks down at Eve.

Eve looks away nervously.

"Eevee has eight different evolutions, for that reason they look to their trainers for signs of what evolution might best fit their personality. In your case, you are telling Eve that she is just fine the way she is, which is not bad. Everyone thinks a basic Eevee can't be strong, but that is far from the case. An Eevee aims to please and can grow as strong as it thinks it must to keep it's trainer happy." David replies.

Blare turns to Eve. "You are perfect the way you are, get as strong as you want, but always know we are together forever, no matter what."

Eve yelps and dances around happily joined quickly by Chika. The two dance around each other while the others talk.