Chapter 10. Mega-Evolution?

As Ivory starts the battle, Beedrill charges with a Fell Stinger attack, but Chaz, stepping aside, grabs him behind the head and chest and flips Beedrill, on his back, to the ground dazed.

"Wait, that is a fighting move! How?!" Chad yells furiously. 

"I think everyone should know that I know multiple forms of martial arts. My brother taught me very well. Chaz and I spar regularly, so it is only natural he is starting to pick up on my moves." Kyla says proudly. "Fire Punch!"

Chaz brings down a Fire Punch, but Beedrill regains control and uses Agility to move out of the way. Chaz growls, fire shotting from the sides of his mouth.

"You realize, you have no chance, Beedrill is faster, stronger...."

"Chaz, Smokescreen!" Kyla orders, interrupting Chad.

Chaz uses Smokescreen to guard himself.

"Your partner can not hide from Beedrill for long!" Chad shouts.

Kyla raises her right arm, showing the mega ring. "He is not just my partner. Chaz... IS BY BIG BROTHER!!!" The marble on her wrist band glows brightly. A swirling cloud of light connects Chaz and Kyla as Chaz Mega evolves into Mega Charizard Y.

Chad and Beedrill take a movement back in shock.

"Tha... that still will not be enough!" Chad rebuts, nervously.

Chaz roar is defiance.

"Do not let him get close again! Use Dragon Rage and Heat Wave!" Kyla orders.

Chaz uses Heat Wave along with his Dragon Rage, inflaming his tail, to heat the air around his body to unbearable temperatures.

"Beedrill, Toxic!" Chad orders.

Beedrill spits a Toxic attack at Chaz, but it is burned up before it can reach him.

"Chaz, Inferno!" Kyla orders.

Chaz blasts Beedrill with a powerful Inferno, sending it falling to the ground riving in pain as it is burned. 

"Pack it in, Chad. The battle is our's!" Kyla shouts.

"Beedrill, Brutal Sting!" Chad orders.

Beedrill musters the last of its strength and propels itself into Chaz, delivering a poisonous Brutal Sting, straight into Chaz's right leg.

Chaz grimaces as the poison races through his body. He fights through the pain as he reaches down and delivers a Fire and Thunder Punch to Beedrill, knock it out. Chaz then pulls Beedrill's stinger out and stumbles backward, roaring at Chad.

"Kyla and Chaz are the winners!" Ivory annoyances

Kyla hurries quickly to Chaz, producing an antidote from her bag. "You are the best, Chaz. Best big brother ever!" Kyla says as she gives him the antidote.

Chaz sits as it takes effect and nods with a gentle smile.

Chad recalls Beedrill and readies another Pokeball.

"Whoa there! This is over!" Ivory shouts. "The agreement will be upheld."

Snorlax roars in support of Ivory's statement.

Jenny steps forward also. "If you continue I will have to step in and arrest you"

Kyla looks back at Chad. "Better luck next time, dude."

Chad looks around and then puts the Pokeball away, turns, and stomps off.

Kyla looks back at Ivory and Jenny. "Thanks, but.... is he going to stay like this?"