Part 2, Chapter 43. Zoey's Truth.

Hours later, Zoey sits quietly in a jail cell. Her Pokeballs are locked away behind energy-binding bars, her wrists bound in irons, and any other items removed from her person. Zoey looks sadly at the floor as Spark walks up to the bars.

"I have come to fetch you." Spark says calmly.

Zoey slowly stands and approaches the bars. "What.. is going to happen now?"

Sparks opens the cell. "You will be questioned."

Zoey looks him in the eyes. "Why are you being so dull?"

Sparks leads her out. "Emotional attachment will not persuade the situation. I advise you to be honest and answer every question clearly."

Zoey smiles weakly. "Thanks.. for the advice."

Sparks leads Zoey into a highly reinforced interview room and then leaves. Zoey does not examine the room, she already knows there is no way out. As David and Jordan enter the room, Zoey does not react, keeping her head down.

David sits in one chair, across from Zoey, as Jordan takes the one next to him.

David looks at a list of Zoey's released Pokemon before looking up at her. "Here I have a list of all the Pokemon released two years ago. We have referenced that with the ones in your possession, and there appears to be one missing."

Zoey remains silent, slowly looking up into David's eyes.

"So how would you like to be addressed? You are certainly not Zoey.. no doubt at all." David asks.

She sighs. "You may call me Ark, this was the name Zoey gave me.." She replies sadly.

David places the paperwork on the desk and leans forward. "So.. you are a Zoroark."

Ark nods.

"Can you transform back into your original form?" David asks

Ark shakes her head. "I have been in this form for so long I have forgotten how. I.. apologize."

"Why are you apologizing?" David asks.

"I took this form when my.. trainer passed away. I did so in her memory.. because..." Ark stops as a tear rushes down her cheek. "I.. missed her.." Ark clutches her sides as she begins sobbing. "It hurt!!! It hurt so much!!!"

A knock comes from the door. Jordan rises and opens the door as Kyla walks in.

Ark looks up with tear-filled eyes.

Kyla smiles sadly at her. "There is an expression I have not seen.. in a while."

David stands and puts his hand on Kyla's shoulder. "I feel you are the best to handle this. We will leave you both alone. Yell if you need us, we will not be far."

Kyla nods. "Thank you."

David and Jordan both leave the room. Kyla sits down in David's chair.