Chapter 15. Invasion of The Pokemon League

"I know exactly who he is. The question was 'why the grandstanding'?" David says.

"David! Don't tell me you are still sore about that one tournament!" The man smiles, uncomfortably.

David glares for a moment, then cracks a smile. "Nah! You wouldn't rig a tournament for your interests." David laughs.

The man chuckles. "If I had, you would have been my choice winner."

David looks seriously at the man. "So Jordan, what do you want, today?"

Jordan leans forward, elbows on the table, his hands clasped in front of his chin.  "I want to hold another tournament, and I would like the Oblivia Region to host it."

Ivory crosses her arms and leans back in her chair. "And WHERE exactly would we host a tournament, of any size?!"

Kyla thinks for a moment, then she turns to Ivory. "That is why you are so upset!"

Ivory glances at Kyla with a blank look. "This is my home, a tournament might run for weeks, I would never get a moment's rest."

"What if we added.. incentive?" Jordan comments.

Kyla's eyes light up with an idea, but she stops herself to see how the exchange pans out.

Ivory perks an eyebrow. "What manner of 'incentive'?"

Jordan smiles. "Name it."

Ivory glances at David and Kyla then smiles. "Quarter profit donation of our endeavors, for starters."

Jordan's eyebrow rises slowly. "What are these endeavors?"

"A Pokemon Reserve on the island." David speaks up.

"Our Pokemon Center would need assistance during the event, not to mention our police department. I personally help out both, but I can only do so much." Kyla comments.

Jordan turns to Kyla and David. "Oh no, I want both of you to be part of the tournament. I will staff both departments in your absence."

"Are you planning to have Officer Jenny participate also?" David asks.

"If she wishes, she may surely do so." Jordan nods.

"What will be the requirements for joining the tournament? This is a more relevant question." Ivory barks.

Jordan looks surprised. "Oh, yes.. Um." Jordan shuffles through his notes. "No less than six pokemon, an entry fee of 150, 1200 if they want us to find them rooms during the tournament..."

"Badges? What of Gym Badges?!" Ivory say loudly, getting annoyed.

Jordan jumps in his seat. "No such requirement for entry." He speaks quickly.

"We appreciate that." Kyla replies.

David clears his throat, softly. "So, we planned to have the tournament at the observatory?"

"That was the general idea." Ivory answers, with a frown.

Kyla looks at Ivory. "Is there a way for the observatory to televise the event, if it was, say floating in the sea?"

Ivory looks up with a smile. "Of course! We could use a floating arena!"

Jordan looks confused. "A floating arena?"

David glances at Jordan. "Don't play dumb, I know you and your board had one in development about... three years ago, was it?"

Jordan looks back with a smile. "Nothing gets past you. Yes, we actually finished construction months ago."