Part 2, Chapter 2. Back to School

The next day, Kyla wakes Totodile, who is immediately unhappy about being awakened. He lunges to bite, but Chaz grabs him by the back of the head.

Chaz grunts deeply and angerly.

Totodile immediately calms down, looking sadly at the ground.

"We are going to the school today, Totodile. I expect you have business there too, so come with us." Kyla says.

Totodile wiggles around in protest, still being held by Chaz.

Kyla leans in, inches from Totobile's face. "You have an apologie to make, and I have to now keep an eye on you because you have attacked two trainers now. Keep misbehaving like that and I will have to turn you over to Officer Chad. I also have to check on a few of our patents."

Totodile looks surprised at Kyla and then relaxes and nods.

"Good, let's go." Kyla nods to Chaz.

As they reach the door, Blare wonders in. "Oh! Going out so early?"

"Yes, this Totodile and I share business at the school." Kyla responds.

Blare looks at the helpless Totodile and then at Kyla. "Is there a reason Chaz is carrying him?"

"Well... He is the Totodile from your most recent wild Pokemon attack report, and he tried to bite me. So.. needless to say, this is his last chance to behave." Kyla answers.

Blare looks at Totodile. "I suggest you do as you are told, Kyla is the last trainer you want to cross."

Totodile looks helplessly at Blare and then at Kyla and nods.

As they make their way down the street, they are met by David who begins to walk with them. 

"I see you had a busy night." David chuckles.

Kyla looks unhappy as she continues to walk and stops at the Police Satation. She pops her head in. "Chad, you busy?"

Chad jumps up quickly. "No, in fact I am bored out of my mind!"

"Follow us and bring one of those special Pokeballs." Kyla says.

Chad grabs one of the Police balls out of the drawer and runs to catch up. "How do you know about those?!"

"Jenny." Kyla responds.

Chad looks back at the Totodile. "Problems?"

"Last chance, in fact." Kyla answers, unhappily.

Once they reach the school, Kyla pops in to see Ivory doing rollcall. Ivory looks up and smiles, but Kyla shakes her head at her. Ivory finishes rollcall and then steps out to talk.

"What's up?" Ivory asks.

"I need to speak to...." Kyla pulls out the report. "Matty.."

Ivory takes one look over Kyla's shoulder and understands. "Meet her outside, I will send her right away."

As they wait outside, a young lady slowly emerges from the front door.