Part 2, Chapter 30. Road to the Battle Tower

"Well well." A voice chimes in behind the group.

They turn to see Jordan standing with a swimsuit on and a surfboard under his arm.

"You look like you are ready for the beach!" Kyla says, putting her hand on her hip.

"Actually, I just surfed over from Cainwood City." Jordan responds.

Lugia leans over Jordan's shoulder. "If you had needed it, I could have picked you up."

"Thank you, but I enjoyed the exercise." Jordan answers and then approaches Ho-Oh with a bow. "My name is Jordan, acting President of the Pokemon League. I am happy to report that your tower's reconstruction is complete. We have also taken extra precautions to ensure it does not burn down again."

Ho-Oh smiles. "Thank you, Jordan. It is an honor to meet you."

"Oh, the honor is absolutely mine!" Jordan says, glancing at Entei and Absol. "Was.. I interrupting something?"

Blare laughs. "Just a battle and a love confession."

Jordan smiles. "Congratulations to the couple and the father then!"

Entei bows his head slightly. "Thank you, honored friend."

"Thank you, Jordan!" Absol chimes.

Ho-Oh looks at David. "I thought.. you said you were the Pokemon League President, isn't that correct?"

David nods. "I am, but often times I take trips for business or pleasure, so I let my brother take the seat while I am gone."

"Speaking of which, when is this little trip over?" Jordan ask.

"After the tournament." David responds.

Jordan waves his finger. "Wrong! You have an assignment now."

David rolls his eyes, with a groan.

Jordan moves closer. "Don't give me that. I have been taking care of your paperwork for a whole year now! We have been having increasing incidents of gang activity, in this region, from the minute you and your group stepped foot on land."

Ho-Oh and Lugia lean in closer, interested by the conversation.

"All the gyms that were vandalized were just the beginning. Countless trainers have been attacked, their items stolen, and their Pokemon beat to the point of long term hospitalization." Jordan continues. "A couple of the gym leaders tried to start a patrol but ended up becoming victims, themselves."

"Sounds like a large group." Blare says.

Jordan turns to her. "Or just one trainer."

"How?! One person would have a lot of work on their shoulders to pull all of that off." Blare responds.

"I know, and yet security cameras show a single individual entering the gyms. He or she called out their Pokemon and set to work quickly. Furthermore, the victims reported a single robed trainer." Jordan rebuts.

Lugia and Ho-Oh look at each other in acknowledgment.

"Perhaps we can help." Lugia responds.

Ho-Oh nods. "It is the least I can do to show my appreciation for my new home."

Jordan and David look at each other then at the two towering Pokemon.

"It would be greatly appreciated, any help we could get." David says, bowing to the two Pokemon. 

Ho-Oh smiles gently. "You three continue to take good care of my children and we will call it even."

"Besides, this is our home." Lugia says, standing straight. "No one messes with our home."