Part 2, Chapter 41. Bracket C, Blare Vs. Grace

Later, the next day, David walks into a hospital room where Chaz is sitting next to Kyla. Kyla lays resting comfortably in the hospital bed. 

Chaz groans softly as he reaches into Kyla's backpack and pulls out Gardevoir's Pokeball. He presses the button and she comes out, bowing to David.

"Greetings, David. How is Miss Kyla doing?" Gardevoir asks softly.

"She is well, all tests come back negative for any trama, but this could have been much worse." David replies, looking to Chaz.

"In my defense, I objected to this." Chaz comments.

"I expected nothing less. However, the trick to sharing power through your trainer is that your trainer must remain calm." David points to his heart. "The power you give to your trainer passes through their heart before redirecting to the Pokemon evolving. If their heart rate is elevated, it can cause major feedback issues in their body."

Chaz thinks for a moment. "Lugia was the one sharing his power with her. That may have also been a factor."

David's fist clinches. "Let me put it to you this way.. If it were not for Kyla's active nature, her regular cardio, she could have gone into full cardiac arrest. Anyone else would likely be dead right now!"

Chaz looks sadly at Kyla before his eyes widen and he leaps to his feet. "Where are Blare and Sam?!"

"I saw Blare earlier. She seemed pretty happy, but I have not seen Sam." David replies.

Chaz points his claw towards Gardevoir. "Find her!" He orders excitedly.

"At once." Gardevoir answers before teleporting out of the room.

David crosses his arms and waits patiently.

After a few moments of silence, Gardevior returns with Sam by her side.

Sam quickly rushes to Kyla's bedside, dropping to her knees. "OMG is she okay?!!!"

"Yes, Sam. She will be fine, she just needs to rest." David replies.

Sam looks at David and Chaz before reluctantly retreating back to a chair in the corner. "What happened?"

"Eight mega evolutions and Lugia sharing his power with Kyla resulting in a clear mega marble." Chaz replies. "How did it go for you?"

Sam smile. "I was successful, but we did not take as extreme measures as you did."

"You know, it is not too late to put your name back in! Your bracket was not due to battle till tomorrow, and you would advance on a technicality!" David comments.

Sam shakes her head. "I don't want to advance on a technicality! I want to earn my way to the top, to battle Kyla, and surpass her."

Chaz smiles. "No free rides! I can respect that! I promise we will not go easy on you!"

Sam looks over at Chaz. "You better not! Jaz has her heart set on personally defeating you!"

Chaz chuckles. "Is that so?! I can't get a break!"

"That is the price of living life at the top!" David chuckles.

Chaz cuts his eyes at David. "Then why are more people not challenging you?!"

David smiles. "Because I don't flaunt how strong my team and I are!"

"I wonder if Blare was successful too!!!" Sam exclaims.

Kyla groans, rolling over. "Everybody out!!" She growls sleepily.

David motions to Sam to follow him, as they leave the room.