Part 2, Chapter 8. Rebellious and Abandoned

Blastoise stands ready to charge as Poliwrath confidently awaits her first move. 

"Blastoise, Iron Defense." Kyla orders.

Blastoise shines like steel, for a moment, as she uses Iron Defense to raise her defense states.

Poliwrath's muscles bulge as she uses Bulk Up to raise her attack states.

Kyla notices this. "She probably has a counter for almost everything we can throw at her. I could have used Gyarados, but I pulled the wrong Pokeball. Now that Wartortle has evolved I can't ask her to abandon the battle, she deserves, to be allowed, to give it her best." Kyla thinks to herself. 

Blastoise growls.

"Withdraw!" Kyla shouts.

Blastoise withdraws into her shell.

Poliwrath looks angry as she leaps at Blastoise, delivering a Brick Break attack to her shell.

"That is it! I am sure now!" Kyla thinks to herself. "Poliwrath had a trainer before this. Headbutt and Brick Break are TM only moves for her. Now, Poliwrath... let's see how well they trained you." Kyla points to Blastoise. "Full Hydro Rapid Spin!" Kyla orders.

Blastoise begins to spin, using Hydro Pump to blast Poliwrath across the beach. She continues this until the Hydro Pump turns her shell on its side. Blastoise rolls and slams into Poliwrath at high speed, knocking Poliwrath back again. 

Poliwrath is stunned, trying to get up, but stumbling and falling again.

Kyla puts her hand on her hip. "Shit... Poliwrath may not be all that well trained." She thinks to herself.

Blastoise launches off of a rock, on the beach, and flies over Poliwrath. Last-minute, Blastoise uses Hydro Pump again to stabilize herself. She comes back out of her shell and comes down onto Poliwrath with a combination Skull Bash and Mega Punch.

Poliwrath seems badly beaten as Blastoise returns to Kyla's side. Poliwrath struggles to stand, falling back a few times. 

"Don't worry, this will all be over soon." Kyla thinks as she watches the rebellious Pokemon struggling to fight on. "I know they abandoned you. I know you are angry at the world. Now, however, you will find a family that cares about you." 

Poliwrath glares at Kyla. 

"Blastoise, Giga Impact." Kyla orders. 

Blastoise rams into Poliwrath, sending her to the ground.

Poliwrath again stumbles to her feet.

Blastoise stands over her, the look of anger has been replaced by an expression of pitty.

Poliwrath reaches up and weakly punches Blastoise in the face.

Blastoise is unaffected by this as she continues to stare at Poliwrath.

Poliwrath uses Superpower focused into a punch she delivers to Blastoise's chest.

Blastoise is pushed back only a few inches. 

"Let's try something, just to see." Kyla thinks to herself. "Blastoise, Ice Punch!" She orders.

Blastoise rears back and hits Poliwrath with an Ice Punch attack. Almost instantly, Poliwrath seems to stop moving, as if frozen in place as a chill layer of ice covers her. 

Kyla snaps her fingers. "I understand now!"

Blastoise turns with a questioning look.

"She DID have a trainer before this, but he or she was awful! Her attack power is high but her defense is much lower than normal. For example, that ice punch should have done barely anything, but instead, it froze her in place!" Kyla replies.