Chapter 19. Kyla vs Chad

On the opening day of the tournament, hundreds of thousands of people, from all over, converge on the floating arena. The trainers enter by one entrance while the spectators enter by another. Family can be heard wishing their siblings, children, even parents well as they enter. Kyla, Chad, Blare, Grace, and David enter together. 

Chad smiles. "Well, here we are again. You ready Kyla?"

Kyla smiles back and holds out her fist. "May the best trainer win, dude!"

Chad fist bumps her and heads on to the arena.

Kyla turns to the others. "Guess I will see you when this is done."

Blare hugs her. "Good luck!"

David also gets in on the hug, while Grace stands by with her arms crossed. They break the hug and Kyla heads to the Arena.

It is exactly Eleven-fifty when they reach either side of the field. It is a full stone platform with medium ponds on either side. A voice comes across the sound system, it appears to be Professor Ivory.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the first Pokemon League Tournament of the Oblivia Region!" Ivory says ecstatically into the mic.

The spectators cheer loudly. A few trainers sit casually in a designated area of the bleachers.

"Our first match will be a one on one battle, each trainer will have a six Pokemon team. And NOW, our trainers. On the east side, a local trainer, known well by all, Kyla!"

The crowd cheers loudly and a few of the trainers lean forward with interest.

"And to the west side, a newcomer, holding his own, Chad!" 

Another voice comes across the sound system, it appears to be Jordan. "As President of The Pokemon League, I declare this tournament underway! Trainers, show us an honorable battle!"

The crowd roars, some stomping their feet in a thunderous chorus.

Chad and Kyla meet in the middle of the field and shake hands, then turn and return to their proper sides.

"Trainers BEGIN!" Ivory shouts.

Kyla throws her first Pokeball and out pops Snorlax. Snorlax roars and stands ready.

Chad throws his Pokeball and out pops Steelix. Steelix stands tall, smiling evilly at Snorlax.

"Steelix, Double-Edge!" Chad orders.

"Snorlax, Giga Impact!" Kyla orders.

Steelix charges into Snorlax, but Snorlax charges straight into him, knocking him back slightly.

"Snorlax, follow up with Focus Blast!" Kyla shouts.

Snorlax grabs hold of Steelix's head and uses a focused energy punch to his face, then follows up again with Superpower, as an uppercut to his chin. Steelix rears back and falls to the field, in pain. Snorlax uses rollout to gain distance between him and Steelix.

"Your Snorlax has to be the most energetic I have ever seen." Chad laughs.

Kyla smiles. "When he is motivated, there is no stopping him."

Snorlax raises his fist to the air. "SNOR!!! LAX!!!"

The crowd goes crazy with cheers and stomping at the sight of Snorlax claiming victory early. A few of the trainers whisper among themselves, as David, Blare, and Grace sit nearby.

"Snorlax has the crowd's full attention. Kyla choose the right Pokemon to start with." Grace notes.

"She may have the upper hand now, but if Chad decides, he could turn this around, easily." David notes.