Part 2, Chapter 42. Bracket B, Ghost From The Past

After a long tearful talk with Blare, David returned to his office to find a form waiting on his desk. The form is for Deanna's training budget.

David sighs unhappily. "I am going to miss being a teacher.." He sits back in his chair. "I was really hoping.. it would last forever!"

David reluctantly stamps the form with approval and places it in his outbox. Just before he begins going through more paperwork, his phone goes off.

He looks at a text that reads, "Babe.. How is Blare?!"

He smiles as he replies, "Much better, now that I have talked to her. However, after the tournament, she may focus on her doctor duties and breeding."

Moments later another text comes through. "I can understand that. It takes a strong stomach to even treat a Pokemon who is near death let alone be the cause of its pain. I hope she can forgive herself."

"I am sure she will.. eventually." David mutters to himself as he looks out a nearby window. His reflection stares back at him. "It took us a while.. didn't it?"

On the Bracket A ship, Kyla rolls over, looking at Chaz. "Are you going to stay out of your Pokeball again tonight?"

Chaz nods, handing her a bottle of Miltank's milk.

Kyla takes the bottle, her hands shaking as she brings it to her lips. She downs the bottle slowly. "I remember this helping more than this.."

Chaz grunts.

"I guess you are right.. The fresher the milk, the better it works." Kyla says with a yawn.

Chaz grunts back.

"Yes.. please do.." Kyla says as she drifts off to sleep.

Chaz smiles as he reaches into Kyla's backpack and pulls out Miltank's Pokeball. He releases her.

Miltank looks around curiously. Translations follow.

"Hello.. Chaz.. What can I do for you?" Miltank asks nervously.

Chaz holds up the empty bottle. "Kyla needs more milk, please." He replies with a blank expression.

Miltank looks around at the cabin. "Is.. there anywhere.. I can milk.. myself?"

Chaz shakes his head. "What you see is a cabin on a ship."

Miltank hesitantly takes the bottle and turns around. She slowly begins to fill the bottle before looking back, over her shoulder, at Chaz. "Would.. you mind.. closing your eyes?"

Chaz shrugs. "Whatever makes you feel better." Chaz turns away from her and closes his eyes.

"I am sorry to be a bother.." Miltank says calmer than before, as she fills the bottle. "I am.. just shy about milking." She finishes the bottle and sets it down. "Do you have any more bottles?"

Chaz turns and rummaging through the backpack. "Looks like we have three more." He says handing them to her.

Miltank looks up at him sadly. "I.. can only fill three total bottles a day."

Chaz smiles down at her. "Every little bit helps."

Miltank blushes as she turns back around, looking back at him to do the same.

Chaz chuckles knowingly as he turns around. "Kyla would be in really bad shape without you, Miltank. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that."

"No thanks are needed. It is really second nature to me. It is actually fulfilling to see that I have helped, even in some small way." Miltank says softly as she finishes the two bottles.