Part 2, Chapter 3. Lesson Plan 1, The Bully

After an uneventful night of covering the Clinic, and a lengthy tour, David finds himself increasingly jealous of the new Clinic equipment and additions.

"I tried for years to get the Pokemon League to fund improvements like these, and it only took Ivory a year and a half to make it happen!" David exclaims. "I want to go back to being a doctor!"

Kyla laughs. "And give up your spot as the President of The Pokemon League? Surely it pays better than being a doctor!"

David sighs. "Yeah.. perhaps it is just my old goals clouding my judgment, I could probably accomplish the same goals by being President... But, then I don't have the fun.. the thrill of using the equipment!"

Kyla continues to giggle, then wraps David in a kiss. "You are so cute!"

David smiles warmly. "You really think so?"

"I do. But really, which would you want to do most?" Kyla asks.

David thinks for a moment. "I... don't know. Each seems equally as appealing."

"Well.." Kyla smiles. "When you figure it out, I will support you in whatever you decide. Meanwhile, do you feel like taking a run with me?"

David smiles. "Absolutely!"

Blare walks through the door, sleepily yawning. "Damn, I need some coffee..."

David smiles. "Thought you might, so I started a pot in the back."

Blare smiles weakly. "Thanks, David!"

"It's no problem, I have been there many times." David turns to Kyla. "Ready?"

Kyla smirks. "Race you to the beach!!!" Kyla runs through the door, followed closely by Chaz.

David gives Blare a high five as he runs after Kyla. "Have a good day!" 

They head, at top speed, down the road. Kyla takes a major lead. David cuts through a few allies, jumping over trash dumpsters and other obstacles, finally catching up with Kyla. 

"Oh, that is fair!" Kyla shouts sarcastically.

David laughs. "It is a race after all!"

Kyla runs faster and slides down a railing onto a lower part of the town and makes a hard left as David leaps over the embankment in front of her. 

Chaz laughs at them as they race neck to neck to the beach.

As they near the beach, both their shoes hit the sand at the same time, but David trips, falling headfirst into the sand. Kyla slides to a stop and turns around.

"You okay?" Kyla asks.

David grunts from his face down position. "Nothing hurt but my pride..."

Kyla offers a hand up. "Good thing you have a lot to be proud of!" She laughs.

David takes her hand and gets to his feet. "I suppose you are right."

After helping him up, Kyla put one hand on her hip. "I am USUALLY right!"

"USUALLY?" David chuckles.

Kyla giggles. "We can't all be Doctor David Brown!"

As they laugh at themselves, some of the students pass on their morning jog down the beach, followed closely by their Pokemon. On the horizon, the sun rises slowly, shinning across the ocean and illuminating the beach. David and Kyla stare for a moment as Chaz walks up.

"What took you so long?" Kyla asks Chaz.

Chaz grunts.

"You are still last." Kyla responds.