Part 2, Chapter 4. Class Assignment

Kyla looks at the report. "I am going to regret reading that..." Kyla pulls out her phone and sends a text to Ivory.

One of Kyla's Pokeballs begins to shake as if nudging her to get her attention.

Kyla looks down at her belt. "You want to help?"

The Pokeball shakes again.

"Okay." Kyla opens the Pokeball and out pops Gardevoir.

Gardevoir bows and uses her telepathy to speak. "Miss Kyla, I know reading that report would cause you some distress, please allow me to transcribe it for you."

Kyla hugs Gardevoir. "You have no idea how much you are helping me right now, thank you!!!"

Gardevoir hugs her back. "I live to serve, Miss Kyla."

Kyla pulls back. "Just don't overdo it like last time, okay?"

Gardevoir giggles and smiles. "Okay!"

Kyla watches as Gardevoir sits and begins typing, then she remembers she has not updated her team, in the system. Kyla hurries to the next room and sits at another computer, in the administration office. "Let's see here...." Kyla looks at the screen with a blank look. "This list is from back before the tournament... Shit! This will take a while." 

Kyla spends an hour in the office, and just as she finished, she hears a crash in the main lobby. She gets up quickly and runs into the lobby to find a rock and shattered glass all over the floor. 

"GARDEVOIR?!" Kyla shouts.

"Ov.. over here.." Gardevoir's voice comes from behind the desk.

Kyla hurries over to her. "Are you okay?"

"I am... but..." Gardevoir begins crying. "So much hatred!" Gardevoir looks up at Kyla. "That person had so much hatred in their heart. How can someone hate someone that much?!"

"Could you tell who it was?" Kyla asks.

"No.. But.. They really hate you, Miss Kyla!" Gardevoir burst into tears and sobs.

Kyla pulls her in and holds her. "Shhh now, sweety. You can't help how people feel."

Gardevoir continues to sob. "I.. I know, but.. it is so painful.."

Kyla looks at her surprised. "Do you mean...?"

Gardevoir looks at Kyla, eyes full of tears. "My Telepathy does not just since emotions and thoughts.... I feel them. Lucky for me... they have left the range of my Telepathy."

"So... any negative emotion is painful for you?!" Kyla asks.

Gardevoir looks at the broken window. "If it is that strong and focused, it is very painful."

Kyla pulls out her Pokeball. "Do you need to go back in?"

Gardevoir touches the button, but before she disappears back into the Pokeball, she smiles. "I am sorry, be careful."

Kyla looks at the Pokeball. "Don't worry. If anything, THEY should be afraid of hurting the people closest to me." Kyla turns and looks at the broken glass, and rubs her head. "What a pain, all they managed to do is make a mess."

Kyla and Wartortle spend most of the night cleaning up the mess of glass, while Chaz and Absol stand by the door. The sun peeks through the allies as Kyla calls Chad.

Chad answers, in the middle of getting ready for work. "Hey, what's up?"

"Well..." Kyla sighs.

Chad stops what he is doing. "That is never a good tone for you."