Part 2, Chapter 45. Bracket A, Mind & Muscel

Kyla takes the evening to get to know her new extended family. Her 26 Pokemon, minus Suicune, Ark, and her 27 other family members all sit down in the forest. Kyla prepares food for all of them, with the help of some of the smaller Pokemon. After sitting down, Kyla notices the difference between the two Gyarados, one being red and her's being blue. She also takes note of the quickly growing relationship between Chaz, Blastoise, and the new Venasaur. Then her eyes lock on an odd sight, an electric type Golem!

Kyla chuckles at the odd Pokemon, how its appearance looks so drastically different from her own Golem

Kyla chuckles at the odd Pokemon, how its appearance looks so drastically different from her own Golem. Her attention moves quickly, however, to Absol who is prancing around an annoyed Houndoom. She appears to be going out of her way to cause an issue.. as usual.

Lugia, Moltres, and Celebi watch curiously to see what Kyla will do.

Kyla gets up slowly and walks over to the pair. "Absol! What are you doing?!"

Absol stops prancing about and looks up with a big smile. "May I battle him?!"

Houndoom turns up his nose. "Such a pretentious little girl.." He growls. "As if you could ever stand on my level."

Absol turns her head back to Houndoom, not breaking her smile. "OH! Such a bad boy, talking down to me, a little girl, like that! Perhaps you'd just like to try!"

Houndoom turns his head further away. "I have no reason to prove myself to you. Leave me be."

Kyla rubs her head. "Absol, you have already beaten a Houndoom, remember?!"

Absol looks up, trying to remember. "Oh yeah!" She turns and prances off. "Sorry, tuffy!"

Houndoom spits in her direction as she leaves. "Annoying pest."

Kyla leans over and smiles angrily at him. "You should really watch your tone with Entei's wife!"

Houndoom looks wide-eyed between Kyla and Absol. "You have got to be kidding me!!! That little thing?!!"

"Yep! She kicked his ass and told him, in no uncertain terms, that she was going to be his bride!" Kyla replies, turning her attention back to the others.

As she walks away, Houndoom turns to Ark. "This group is weird."

Ark chuckles with a wide smile. "Yeah, our kind of weird!"

Houndoom smiles slightly. "I could.. get used to some of them."

Moltres turns to Lugia. "Isn't Kyla such a wonderful trainer, Uncle?"

Lugia nods. "She is quite talented, even when dealing with new additions to her team."

Celebi zips around them. "Do you think she has a chance of winning the tournament?!"

Lugia looks at him. "It is no easy feat, but if anyone has the ability to overcome the threat presented, I believe it is her."

Kyla lays back onto Snorlax. "Keeping track of this many Pokemon is exhausting! How does David do it?!" Then her eyes widen. "Wait.. oh no.."