Chapter 18. Takes a Ghost to Catch a Ghost

Jenny turns to the others. "Seriously, why is she here?"

Joy crosses her arms in a huff. "I could just go back to Kanto if you want to continue this behavior?"

"I asked her to come." Kyla speaks up, as she pulls out the letter. "This was delivered moments ago, to the Police station." Kyla hands it to Jenny.

Jenny takes it and reads it aloud. "The next trainer will die if he does not forfeit his place in the tournament. -The Ghost."

"Then it is a targeted attack on Kyla and her opponents." David says, crossing his arms.

"This person sounds very full of himself." Ivory says as she walks in and hands Joy a package. "Take care of this one, I can't keep replacing these for you."

Joy takes the package and opens it. "I can not promise anything, this time." Joy puts on the bracelet and pops two marbles into it. "Ready."

"Wait a minute. since when are you familiar with Mega Evolutions?" David asks.

Joy turns with an annoyed look. "There is a reason I only have two Pokemon, I don't dance around the battlefield."

"Joy, take the rooftops. David, how is your stealth?" Kyla asks.

David shakes his head. "That is not my strong point.

Blare raises her hand. "I will take that one!"

"Okay, you will move in the shadows, follow Chad and Jenny." Kyla orders.

"Wait, why me?!" Jenny asks.

"Because, if they saw me, they would never attack." David nods.

Jenny looks at David annoyed. "I take it back, you are an ass."

David shrugs and looks at Kyla. "What is the plan, boss?"

"We will be nearby if multiple people attack, we will be back up for Joy." Kyla smiles.

[Later that evening]

The streets are moderately clear as Chad walks with Jenny.

"So you have to wear glasses for now?" Jenny asks.

"It might be permanent, with how I pushed myself before. David said even he has to wear glasses every so often, for the same reason." Chad says.

"It actually looks very nice on you." Jenny smiles.

Chad smiles. "I can't wait to be working with you on patrols." 

"At least I will have a partner I can agree with." Jenny smiles back.

As they walk towards the woods, Chad stops and turns to Jenny. "So Kyla will be my opponent for the first match?"

Jenny nods. "It is looking that way."

Chad smiles. "The rematch of the century. Never a better setting either."

They turn around and head back, but as they do, they realize the can not move. A pair of glowing blue eyes appear in the darkness and emerge as a Mega Alakazam. 

"Shit..." Jenny grunts.

Just as Alakazam emerges, it is knocked back by a Sucker Punch attack from a Mega Gengar. Alakazam hits a tree and floats back into the air. 

Joy teleports in. "Show yourself, scum!"

A man in a black cloke walks out of the woods. "You are the last person I expected to see here."

"Payback time!" Joy shouts.

Mega Gengar hits Alakazam with a Payback, knocking him down again.

"Recover." The man orders.