Part 2, Chapter 9. When You Thought You Could Rest.

After a while, Chaz and Blastoise return to eat with Poliwrath. They converse among themselves, while Kyla gives Pidgeot a check-up.  Pidgeot seems much happier after seeing Kyla stand up for her. Kyla finishes up and they make their way to the main desk. 

Kyla pets Pidegot lightly. "Feeling better?"

Pidgeot chirps happily.

"I am glad to hear it. Never forget that you are an equal part of this family." Kyla responds.

After a few hours, Blare walks in, dragging her med bag behind her. "We really need someone to cover the Clinic in an emergency." Blare sighs.

Kyla glances up from the computer. "That was the point of the internship, but no one has applied for the Clinic yet."

Blare collapses into a chair next to Kyla. "Chad already has an intern!!!" 

Kyla continues typing. "Yeah, that girl Matty, right?"

Blare leans back. "Yeah... I was kinda hoping that Deanna would apply for the Clinic."

Kyla organizes some papers and stands to go file them away. "We can't make her do something she is uncomfortable with."

Blare whips her chair around. "You are a legend around here, but no one wants to intern with you?! That seems a bit strange!"

Kyla starts to turn but continues filing. "I am constantly everywhere at once... they may not be able to keep up."

Miltank brings Blare a fresh cup of coffee.

Blare pats her on the head as she takes the cup and waves it at Kyla. "We could always switch."

Kyla finishes and leans against the filling cabinet. "I know we COULD, but...."

"But nothing! Do you want to train the next generation of Poke-techs or not?!" Blare asks, as she takes a drink of the coffee. "Hot damn! Miltank's milk is like magic in a cup!!!"

Kyla leans over the counter, seeing Miltank talking to Chaz. She leans down to Blare and whispers. "I think Miltank has a little crush on Chaz."

Blare leans back over the counter, seeing them both laughing and blushing. "You might be right!" Blare sits back into the chair. "So... heard what happened the other day."

Kyla crosses her arms. "You will have to be more specific."

Blare looks at her for a moment, with a blank expression. "You're serious."

Kyla shrugs.

"The broken island?!" Blare exclaims.

Kyla let's out a heavy sigh. "Wow, does everyone know?"

Blare nods. "Pretty much!"

"I have to handle that tomorrow." Kyla sits down, covering her face with her hands.

Blare takes another drink of her coffee. "Want some help?"

Kyla shakes her head.

"Okay... Well!" Blare stands up. "Why don't you head home tonight? Maybe have a chat with Virginia?"

Kyla looks at Blare. "Are you sure?!"

Blare smiles. "I have a little bed in the back. We can handle things for tonight!"

Kyla gets up and begins to walk to the next room, but stops in front of the desk. "Are you sure?!"

Blare waves her hand. "You can't stay up 24/7 ALL the time!"

Kyla chuckles. "Jokes on you, I get more sleep than you!"

"How?!" Blare asks. 

Kyla walks away. "You will figure it out some day!" Kyla pokes her head into the next room. "Who is ready to head home?!"