Chapter 13. Back on Track.

The next day Kyla and Chaz awake to the sound of knocking at the front door. Kyla gets up with a grunt, seeing that her set alarm was an hour from going off.

Kyla gets up and makes her way to the door, opening it to a slightly cracked position. "Hello?"

"Good morning sunshine!" David replies.

Kyla looks at her watch then looks up at David with an annoyed expression. "Six O'clock... It is fucking six in the morning!!"

"Nothing like a cool breeze blowing while you run!" David smiles.

Kyla stares then sighs. "Fine, give me a minute." Kyla shuts the door and goes back to her room to get dressed.

Kyla puts on a pair of long gym pants, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. 

Kyla turns to Chaz, who is snoring in the floor. "CHAZ! Time to get up!!"

Chaz stirs and glances at Kyla. Chaz grunts sleepily.

"Yeah, David is here. Morning run time. yay..." Kyla says, tieing her shoes.

Chaz gets up slowly and stretches. Chaz turns back and grunts again.

"No, no burning my employees." Kyla chuckles.

Kyla and Chaz slowly make there way out of the house and meet David outside.

"Ready?" David asks.

"Not really, but let's get this over with." Kyla growls.

Chaz glares at David.

David throws up his hands. "I get it, maybe a bit too early. I will consider that tomorrow."

"We will appreciate that consideration." Kyla huffs. "Come on Chaz."

Kyla, David, and Chaz begin to jog down the path towards the nearest beach. As they do, they meet up with Jenny, as she turns a corner in front of them.

"Hey, Jenny, nice to see you this morning!" David waves as they jog.

"Oh, hey David, I see you have company this morning!" Jenny slows down and joins them. "How are you holding up there, Chaz?"

Chaz gives her a thumbs up.

Kyla glances between David and Jenny as she runs behind them, but then notices a Pokeball on Jenny's belt. "Jenny? What's with the Pokeball?"

Jenny looks back with a smile. "Oh, the Government approved me a partner!"

"Which Pokemon is it?" David asks. 

"Well, I had a choice, but I ultimately chose Golduck." Jenny pats the Pokeball.

"That is a great choice." David exclaims.

Kyla smiles. "Yeah, physic water types would be the best on this island."

David glances at Kyla. "Then why don't you have one?"

"I have my own tastes, thank you very much." Kyla huffs.

"That has been something I have wondered." Jenny exclaims. "With your team, you could dominate everything on this island, so why limit your team?"

"Up till about five years ago I never considered being a trainer, and shortly after that Chaz was the only Pokemon I wanted. So, long story short, I never gave it much thought." Kyla replies. "So, about how far are we going?" Kyla quickly tries to change the subject.

"I was thinking two miles to the beach." David answers. "One mile back to work.... well for me."

"Half mile back for me!" Jenny says happily.