Chapter 17. Disagreeable Situations

The next day Kyla and Blare awaken to a knocking on their door. 

Kyla looks angerly at the clock. "7:30 am? I swear, if this is David again I will kill him!!" Kyla storms downstairs and flings the door open. "Ass!!"

Charles looks surprised and scared, flinching at the remark. "WHOAA! Hold fire!"

Kyla stops, surprised to see Charles. "Charles, what are you doing here so ear.... How did you get my address?"

Charles sighs and holds up a paper. "Your registration forms. I am here to present your first battle information."

Blare pokes her head out from behind Kyla. "Lay it on me, then!"

Charles hands them both a sealed envelope."Now that my business is done, I will be on my way. Have a nice day ladies!" Charles waves as he heads to the next house.

Kyla and Blare look at each other and rip open their envelopes. Kyla stares at the information. "We, The Pokemon League, hereby request you meet your opponent...." Kyla stops. "What time does yours say?"

Blare looks at her. "Two pm, my match is with some chick named Hatia. How about you?"

Kyla looks nervous. "I... have the opening match, noon on the dot."

"Anyone we know?" Blare asks, nervously.

"Luckily, no. Apparently it is a man who registered as the 'Blue cloke'. That sounds... suspicious." Kyla grunts. "But... the opening match of all things!!!!" Kyla throws the paper into the air.

Chaz peeks around the corner and grunts happily.

"No Chaz! This is not a good thing." Kyla yells.

Chaz grunts back angerly.

"Regardless, this only means we have less of a chance to size our opponents up. Now everyone sees us first, that puts us at a disadvantage!" Kyla puts her hands on her hips and leans forward angerly.

"I think I am going to get dressed." Blare hurries upstairs.

 Kyla and Chaz continue to argue, then it turns to light pushes, and finally a full-on brawl. They flail about, shaking the house until Blare throws a book at them, hitting Chaz on the head.

"I am heading out. Sorry Chaz, but I did not want to get in between you two while getting to the door." Blare walks past them and out the door.

Kyla and Chaz look surprised for a moment then continue fighting. 

Outside, Blare walks down the hill with Eve, humming happily. She looks around quickly, to see if anyone is following her, then ducks into an alley. Blare peeks once again and then teleports away with Eve.

David jogs up the hill, but as he reaches the house, the door flies open and he is run over. Kyla and Chaz roll down the hill in a cloud of dust, still shouting at each other. 

David gets up slowly with a grunt. "Looks like those two are already getting their exercise." David shrugs and limps slowly up the hill.

Meanwhile, Kyla and Chaz roll to a stop, at the bottom of the hill. 

"You want to go, Chaz?!" Kyla growls.

Chaz spreads his wings and roars.

"You pick the spot this time!" Kyla points to the ground. 

Chaz growls as he kneels down and lets Kyla on his back. Then he takes off at top speed. Chaz flys straight to the tallest mountain and lands.

Kyla jumps off. "Here, really?"