Part 2, Chapter 15. When In Oblivia

Kyla sits in the Pokemon Clinic filing paperwork. Miltank and Gardevoir can be seen organizing a new shipment of supplies. Kyla furiously slams papers down once they are completed. 

Gardevoir stops in front of the desk. "Lady Kyla?"

"I'm okay, Gardevoir. Nothing I can't..." 

"Your stress levels are at an all-time high. Do you need a..."

"A vacation? Yes.. Yes I do! But SOMEONE is delaying our trip!" Kyla lays her head on the keyboard with a heavy sigh.

"If I may suggest?" Gardevoir asks, concerned.

Miltank brings Kyla a bottle of milk, happily placing it on the desk.

"Thank you, Miltank." Kyla pops it open and sips it slowly. "Go ahead, Gardevoir."

"Perhaps you should take advantage of the Pokemon League's rules. Challenge David for the rights to the Yacht, or..."

Kyla stands up quickly. "I like that idea, but I need to make a call first."

Gardevoir slightly bows. "Glad I could be of help." She continues to put away supplies.

Kyla flips open her phone and calls Jordan. 

The phone rings three times before Jordan answers. "Kyla? What do I have to thank for this pleasant surprise?"

"I had a question about my benefits with the Pokemon League." Kyla replies.

Jordan stays silent for a few seconds before answering. "I was hoping you had decided to take that Gym Leader position. Although, I saw this coming since Hermit invoked his right to challenge you."

"Yeah... I am still not sure about that position. However, how does this challenge thing work?" Kyla asks.

"Planning on challenging someone?" Jordan asks.

"Well..."

"All you have to do is file the proper paperwork, name a day, and your conditions. If your opponent agrees, everything is set for an officially sanctioned battle." Jordan interrupts.

"Are there any other benefits?" Kyla asks.

"I mean.. there is a retirement plan..."

"No. I am talking about other resources, events, challenges, etc." Kyla interrupts.

"OH!" Jordan exclaims. "There are group safari events.. I know you have the Yacht.." Jordan pauses for a moment. "We were planning another tournament, but it would be in the Johto region. You are welcomed to participate, being a two-time league champion."

"Sign me up!" Kyla exclaims, quickly.

"Are you sure?" Jordan asks.

"I can move resources around to free up a few months. So sign me up!" Kyla answers.

Kyla can hear Jordan typing. Suddenly the typing stops. "Um.. you are already signed up." Jordan says, slowly.

Kyla looks around the main lobby. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. You were signed up as of yesterday." Jordan answers. "Would you like to add anyone to the list?"

Kyla thinks for a moment. "Add two tournament passes, names to be added later, and five spectator passes."

Jordan laughs. "Been busy making friends have we?"

Kyla smiles. "I just have a plan to give some special people a well-earned break."

The typing continues. "Well, you are all done! Call me if you need anything else." Jordan says.

"Thank you, Jordan!" Kyla says, happily.