Part 2, Chapter 20. The Violet Tower, part 1.

The next morning.

"SHE DID WHAT?!" Kyla exclaims. 

Clare looks away. "Sam and Heng left last night."

"No no, I get that! But WHY?!" Kyla asks, putting her hands on her hips.

"Well..." Clare stammers.

"According to her letter, she intends to travel ahead and become.. and I quote, 'be worthy of a Charizard'." David interrupts. "She also continues to say that the loss yesterday was unacceptable and next time she will not lose."

Kyla takes the letter from David and reads it over quickly. She then sighs. "Why is she so hell-bent on being exactly like me?"

Josh crosses his arms. "Because you're awesome, duh."

"You are literally the idol to thousands of female trainers, even some male trainers idolize you." Blare answers.

Deanna twists the toe of her boot against the ground. "I personally idolize Professor Ivory, but you come in at a close second."

Kyla shakes her head, again sighing. "And to think, this all started with me vowing I would never become a trainer."

David chuckles. "We don't always get to choose our own path, but we can choose what we make of it."

Kyla waves her finger at him. "You did."

David nods. "But imagine if I hadn't. I would have never met you."

Kyla smiles. "Okay, you have a small point."

"Look at it this way, Heng is with her, so she is not alone. And if they need us, they have our numbers." Blare points out.

Kyla thinks for a moment, as the three students silently begin collecting their things. 

Kyla shrugs. "Okay, I can't be the teacher forever. Besides, I had planned to only instruct up to the first gym, and then let everyone do their own thing."

David points to the door. "Perhaps we should get going then. We may still be able to see their match with the Violet City Gym."

Kyla grabs her backpack. "Let's go then!" Hurrying out the door.

As everyone leaves, Nurse Joy waves goodbye. Once gone, she collapses on the front desk with a groan. "All these people coming through is exhausting." She raises her arms, stretching. "All I want to do is take a nap.."

Heading out of Cherrygrove City, onto Route 30, a few of the students begin wandering through the grass

One of the trainers, on the route, challenges Josh to a battle, which he wins easily. 

Clare bypasses the trainers and follows the other three to the end of Route 30 and the start of Route 31.

Kyla stops for a moment, at the entrance to the dark cave. "We should come back to this later." She says, pointing to it.