Part 2, Chapter 1. The Return

It has been one and a half years since the Pokemon League Tournament in the Oblivia Region, and the island is booming with excitement. Why? Because the champion is returning from her journey around the Kanto region with many stories to tell. Although they parted ways, during the journey, David and Kyla stayed in touch. Despite his overwhelming obligations to the Pokemon League, David took every available opportunity to check in on not only Kyla but the island itself. Blare finished an extensive internship with one of the Pokemon League Doctors, courtesy of David, and has been promoted to Doctor Blare Kell. On the island, Doctor Kell has a nice ring to it, and quickly gained her notoriety. Likewise, Chad has become a fine Pokemon Officer and has actively been responsible for keeping law and order on the island, since Officer Jenny was transferred about six months ago. They said transferred.. but in fact.. well you'll find out. Together, Blare and Chad have looked after the wild Pokemon on the island and kept the Pokemon Reserve safe. Professor Ivory has been busier than ever, since the tournament, helping hundreds of new trainers begin their journey, but, most importantly, she has been personally overseeing the responsible use of the Pokemon League's funding. The Pokemon Reserve has become a permeate safe haven for all manner of Pokemon, likewise, numerous new trainers have enjoyed learning more about the behavior of wild Pokemon from her lessons there. 

As the yacht approaches, Kyla peers out at the island. Not much has changed. The town seems to have grown a bit, the observatory still looks majestic as it overlooks the island, but the Pokemon Reserve has grown into an almost regional park. New trainers can be seen caring for the wild Pokemon, no doubt a class assignment from Professor Ivory. On the dock, a young woman and a young man wait, as they see the yacht they begin waving happily. Kyla recognizes them, as she pulls the yacht to the dock, as Blare and Chad.

 Kyla recognizes them, as she pulls the yacht to the dock, as Blare and Chad

"Welcome back!" Blare exclaims.

Kyla walks off the yacht and smiles. "Good to be back! Wow, you two have grown fast while I was gone, I barely recognized you, Chad."

"I imagine I do look different, after taking on so much responsibility. Jenny was not exactly happy about her transfer." Chad groans.

"Oh! I heard, she sent me a letter, three pages long!" Kyla laughs.

"Speaking of transfers, have you heard from Joy?" Blare asks.

"She.. is very busy. She is head of the Pokemon Center in Pewter City. I stopped by to see her before I left, but she was swamped with trainers." Kyla responds, unhappily.

Ivory strolls up. "Come now, we are all busy. That is the side effect of growing up." Ivory smiles and hugs Kyla. "Welcome back!"

 "Welcome back!"