Part 2, Chapter 19. The Rising Tides

While everyone is busy, inside the Pokemon Center, in Cherrygrove City, two oddly dressed swimmers emerge from the water, near their yacht. 

"Is that the ship?" The man asks.

The woman nods. "We found them. There is no escape from Team Tsunami."

They slowly walk onto land and strip off their wetsuits, revealing normal street clothes. 

They see Clare and Sam walk out of the Pokemon Center and confront them quickly.

"Hey Peewees, you want to test those new Pokemon in a real battle?" The woman asks, aggressively.

Sam glances at Clare, who is already noticeable upset. She glances back at the man and woman. "I don't know who you think you are talking to, but if you wanted a fight you got one."

The woman steps back, acting sarcastically afraid. "Oooh! Save me from this brat, Jeff!"

Jeff steps forward. "My pleasure, Joann."

Sam laughs. "That's your names?! Lame!"

Jeff pulls a Pokeball from his belt. "You will not be laughing very long, girly."

Sam does the same. "Big talk for a small guy."

They both throw their Pokeballs, just as the others exit. Out pop Charmander and Feraligatr.

"What the hell, Sam?!" Josh exclaims.

Sam looks back without a word, then turns back to the battle. "Charmander, Scratch!"

Charmander makes an attempt at damaging Feraligatr, but it has little effect. Feraligatr seems to be insulted as he turns, knocking the Charmander away, with his tail.

Kyla watches, clenching her fist. 

"Finish this, Jeff. We have bigger fish to fry." Joann orders.

"Hydro Pump." Jeff orders.

With one mighty blast, Feraligatr buries Charmander into the sand. 

Sam recalls Charmander, falling to her knees. "My first battle.. and I lost.."

Jeff and Joann glare at Kyla, who glares right back.

"Is that her?" Jeff asks.

"No doubt." Joann replies.

"Is there any particular reason you picked a fight with my students?" Kyla asks, angrily.

Joann shrugs. "Just killing time."

Kyla sets down her backpack and pulls out a pair of red gloves, putting them on slowly. "And what names should I put on your tombstones?"

Joann and Jeff stand shoulder to shoulder. 

"We are the star duo, of Team Tsunami. I am Joann." Joann replies dramatically.

"And I am Jeffrey." Jeff replies.

They both point at Kyla. "And we have come to defeat you!" They say in unison.

Kyla opens a Pokeball. Out pops Snorlax. "We shall see about that."

Feraligatr roars at Snorlax, who ignores him.

"You got a cocky Snorlax there, Kyla." Joann smiles, looking at Feraligatr. "Show him what happens when Pokemon ignore you."

Feraligatr charges Snorlax, attempting to bite him. Snorlax sits down, with a crash, and hits Feraligatr in the chest with a Thunder Punch. Feraligatr freezes in place, before stumbling back.