[5] Desperate Measures.

Huh...?

The voice felt familiar, as I kept listening. I wasn't quite sure who I was hearing yet, though this seemed super important. I trembled a little, going to stop myself from walking to make sure they didn't hear me as I kept listening on.

"I guess..."

It seemed to be a conversation between two people. I needed to know what was going on, taking a quiet breath of air to prepare myself for what I'd be seeing and hearing.

I crept around the corner, skeptical. I raised an eyebrow, hiding behind the corner as I was listening to what was being heard. "Oh the despair on everyone's faces... It's truly wonderful!" A voice exclaimed, laughing. "I'm so glad this was set up... Seeing everyone's pitiful faces as they all fell one by one... I can't believe NOBODY has realized shit!" I tensed up, shaking...

what... the fuck...

I went to look around the corner to see who was really saying those words, my body filled with anger as I heard somebody... insane enough to just say that.

Gelatin was standing there, his back turned away from me. Though I could see that he was the one who had clearly said all of it. Monoroku was standing there, hands to his sides as he was observing him. He seemed too distracted with the conversation to have noticed me, but this in itself was suspicious... I knew Gelatin was untrustworthy but...

...

Wait.

This really can't be it...

This was Gelatin's fault... 

ALL OF IT WAS HIS FUCKING FAULT.