[4] Resurrection?

Morning. Once again.

I don't know what would be the thing that occurs today or what to do. Things feel like a waste of time. I thought about meeting up with Liy again like usual, and maybe have a nice conversation with Ruby about how we can stay alive together. I'm hoping that she lives, at least. I smiled to myself as I got out of bed, stretching a bit. I'm really tired... My body feels numb, but no big deal. I went to go wash my face and get dressed before heading out for breakfast.

Liy wasn't there. I was quite skeptical. I was practically praying she wasn't dead. I don't want any more of my goddamn friends dying because of how stupid some of the OTHERS in this school are. I put my hands in my pockets, going into the cafeteria to see everyone there for once. That's new. There were usually one or two people missing, so it was nice to see everyone here. It means that everyone here is also alive. I went to go and grab one of the lunch trays from the cafeteria, going to go and sit next to Liy who was eating and speaking to Dora. "Oh, hey Pencil!" She smiled once she had noticed me come by, myself waving back silently. I wasn't in the mood to talk, mostly after what happened after breakfast yesterday.

She didn't seem to mind though, which was great for me. I silently ate the pancakes that were out today and finished a glass of milk before standing and leaving right after. I didn't want to wait much, deciding to go and head for the arcade. I needed something to just waste the day on, and I want to get the trauma and what has happened off my mind.

So much had happened...

10 of us were left...

7 of us died.

All of them had with a horrible and tragic death under the mind of Monoroku.

I headed for the 3rd floor, going to go walk a bit... I tried to ignore the events that had happened on this very floor, going right for the arcade and going to go and play some of the games. They were modified so we can play it anytime, which was a relief. I spent most of the day playing some games in the arcade before I noticed someone else enter. I turned around, noticing Firey Jr standing there with a tired look on his face. He had walked by me, brushing right by me. He was still wearing his jacket... I hesitated, wanting to speak up or say something but I decided to keep quiet as I left to go and look for Ruby.

I went downstairs, noticing Ruby happily skipping around the halls. I rolled my eyes playfully, going to tap her on the shoulder to get her attention. She turned over to me, waving. "Oh, hey Pence-Pence!" She exclaimed, clearly happy to see me. I hesitated when she called me that nickname... Only Match called me that. But, it was nice to just see one of my childhood friends still with me here. "Hey, Ruby, what are you up to now?" I grinned a little, raising an eyebrow as she giggled a little. "Nothing much! Just bored walking around here, wanna talk or something?"

"Oh, yeah sure." I liked the idea of that... "Let's go to one of the classrooms." I didn't really want anyone else to eavesdrop on it, going to go and grab her hand as I went a bit into the hallway and hid in one of the classrooms. "Here we are. Let's just hang out here for a bit, kay?" I went to put my hands behind my back, leaning on the walls of the place as she nodded. "Sure! Well... Things have been pretty rough for you, right?" I knew just reading her expression she was clearly nervous talking about something like that. I nodded softly, looking to the side. I didn't know how she reacted to that, but she seemed a bit frantic.

"W-Well... A-At least I'm still here.. Right? I promise I'll never leave your side!" She smiled.

...

Is she really going to promise me this.

"Ruby. I can't agree with your promise. I don't know if you're just going to die or not... We can't control how others act." Otherwise, I would've prevented their deaths... I would've done anything to keep them safe.