Chapter 3

I walked into my room and shut the door behind me. I made sure not to step on the books scattered around the floor. Jeez I haven't been here for around fifty years. I completely forgot to clean my room before I went to the overworld and traveled around the world again! I'll clean it up later after I finish reading the first book of one of my favorite series! Now where did I put that book? I looked around and remembered I left it on the bed because I was reading it before I left. I don't need to sleep but I sometimes do if I'm really bored. Also it's very comfortable too to read on. I climbed on the bed and picked up the book. When I was about to start reading I heard a voice say,
Why didn't you tell them?! You had a perfect chance to. They both were together which is really rare!
I jumped and said,
SOUL, YOU STARTLED ME! I completely forgot you were there!!!
I looked down and saw a black snake with red eyes and he continued to say,
How the heck did you forget? I've been with you pretty much your whole life?!
Because you didn't talk to me when I was talking to my parents! You were pretty quiet which was unusual for you! Why was that?
I didn't feel like it. It's always a pain to talk!
I'm not surprised you said that! You are pretty lazy!
You shouldn't be surprised when you're the one who created me like this! It would be weird if you didn't know. You did create me off of the character Soul from the book The Bloodwolfs after all. I'm pretty sure you read that book so many times you memorized every word in it!
I laughed and said,
That's true. I do love reading both books my mom wrote. It's my top favorite series to read. I like reading what happened to them in both of their lives. Also you are not exactly like Soul you are way more nicer than him!
Soul chuckled and said,
That's very true but I know what you're doing! You're trying to change the subject because you don't want to talk about it! Answer my question.
I sighed and said,
Fine, I'll tell you! I know you won't shut up about it until I do!
Awww you know me so well!
I rolled my eyes and said,
I don't want to make them worry! They are already busy with a lot of other things. The last thing they need is for something else to take care of! I told you this before!
I know but I thought you might have a better reason then just that!
I'm also scared they will be terrified of me when they find out!
Soul sighed and said,
I don't think they will be scared of you because you can use a little magic!
A LITTLE?! YOU MEAN A LOT?!
I think you're being over dramatic!
OVER DRAMATIC?! DO YOU REMEMBER  WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I BECAME ANGRY?!
Of course I do! That's when you created me after all that happened.
YES I HAD TO! IF I WASN'T IN THE UNDERWORLD AND IN BLOODMOON INSTEAD THE WHOLE CITY WOULD BE COMPLETELY GONE!?
You are very lucky we can speak with each other in our minds or everyone could hear us right now! Calm down!
I took deep breaths and said,
Sorry you know how I am sensitive about that subject! I don't like talking about it because it reminds me that I'm a ticking time bomb that could be ready to explode when I either get really mad or sad!
It's okay, I understand that you don't like talking about it but that's why you created me right? I'm your seal. I absorb most of your negative emotions to a point that you barely can feel them!
I know but I'm worried if I make friends at school and if any of them get hurt I might get to angry! I'm worried you won't be able to absorb it if I'm to mad! If you can't then you know what will happen to that city!!!!
I know but if that does somehow happen that's when I'll get your parents help!
I DON'T WANT YOU TO TELL THEM!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?!
I know you don't but would you rather kill millions of people or get your parents help to calm you down so that doesn't happen? I'll tell them only if it's an emergency!
I sighed and said,
I see your point. I don't want to hurt anyone. But I thought you wouldn't care what happens to them.
Soul laughed and said,
Of course I don't! Seeing all the bodies would be wonderful but you know that I only care about you right?
I did create you to be that way so I know that. But what does that have to do with anything?
Soul sighed and said,
Sometimes I forget you're not as smart as I am!
HEY?!
You know it's true. I could have called you stupid but I was trying to be nice!
I sighed and said,
Okay you might be right about that. Can you tell me what you were talking about before?
Okay fine I will. Since I care about you and I know if you kill people even if it's an accident you will be devastated! I would hate seeing you like that!!!
Oh I guess that makes sense.
Also did you forget about the fact that time is different in the Underworld and the overworld?
Oh I did forget! Does that mean if I want time to go quicker I need to be in the overworld?!
Unless you want to stay here for around a month then I think you should go to the overworld.
I sighed and said,
I don't want to go though! I like it here better because I can talk to people who don't eventually die!
But if you don't go then you will have to wait for a month and didn't you say that you were bored?
I groaned and said,
I guess that's true. I should go to the overworld. At least we also have a good house there!
You mean a mansion?
Well compared to the castle it's a house in my eyes!
Soul laughed and said,
True. I have a question though! I understand why you don't want to tell your parents about your magic but why can't you tell them about me?!
Because if I told them about you I would have to explain why I created you in the first place!
I see your point but you could make something up!
My parents can tell when I lie! They have known me for thousands of years by now it would be weird if they couldn't tell! The one lie that they can't tell I'm lying about is being able to use magic since my parents brought up magic when I was eight. Since I've been lying about it pretty much all my life they can't tell I'm lying!
Wow they are pretty bad parents then. They can't even tell your suffering!
I glared at him and he said,
What? You created me to be like Soul in the first place. I'm going to be mean to anyone other than you!
I sighed and said,
I regret making you just like Soul. What the heck was I thinking?!
Well you were ten years old. You kept reading what your mom wrote over and over again. Since you really loved the character Soul your childlike brain thought it would be a great idea! Don't think of yourself any badly when you were just a child making the decision. Children usually don't make good decisions!
I laughed and said,
That's true! I think before I leave to go to the overworld I should tell them where I am going. They would freak out if I disappeared suddenly!
Soul chuckled and said,
They are way to overprotective of you when you clearly can take care of yourself! UGGGGG this is why your parents are so annoying!
Parents tend to do that. I actually love that about my parents! They are also really nice and kind to me!
Well I really don't like them! They are way to nice!
I know Soul. I lost count a while ago of how many times you said that to me! Oh before you go how big are you?
I'm pretty sure you can tell how big I am by looking at me!
You know what I mean! You can shrink and grow that's what I created you to do!
I know it's just I don't think you want to know how big I am!
Why not?
Since I've been absorbing your negative emotions I also tend to absorb some of your magic too by accident. I know you are scared about how much magic power you have so I really don't want to tell you!
I sighed and said,
I'll be fine!
No you won't! I don't think it's a good idea to tell you!
I really don't want to order you to tell me but I will if I have too!
Soul sighed and said,
Well I tried to warn you! I've gotten pretty big over the years. It has been a thousand years after all! So please don't freak out when I tell you this! I am a little bigger than the city Bloodmoon!
WHAT?!
I told you not to freak out!
I KNOW BUT THIS MAKES ME THINK IT WOULD BE A HORRIBLE IDEA FOR ME YO GO TO SCHOOL! I COULD KILL EVERYONE THERE IF I GET ANGRY!
We already went over this, I'll tell your parents if I can't handle all the negative emotions! You need to have fun for once! Didn't you say you were bored? It also could be a good experience to see what teenagers are like in school! Take deep breaths. Everything will be okay!
I took deep breaths again and said,
Thanks for saying that Soul, it makes me feel better!
Also don't worry I'll think you as the same even if you accidentally kill all those people!
I groaned and said,
You're just saying that because you hate everyone there and you want all of them to die!
Darn it you figured me out!
I created you off of Soul it's kinda easy to figure it out!
That's true. Should we get going to talk to your parents though? The longer we stay here the more time we have to wait!
That's true. Let's get going then but before that you need to make sure not to be seen.
Well duh of course I know that! You know I have done this so many times already!
I know but I was just making sure you didn't forget!
I guess that makes a little more sense!
Soul made himself tiny and wrapped himself around my wrist and then he turned into smoke. I saw black lines appear on my wrist until it looked more like a snake tattoo. I put down the book I was about to read. I then got up and opened the door and headed back to the throne room. While I was walking to the room my mind wandered to what my reaction was when I saw Soul first do that. The first time he did he turned into a snake tattoo it looked so cool and it still does. I do remember that my parents did question why I had a snake tattoo though. I lied and said I had no idea how it got there. I told them it didn't really hurt me and I loved how cool it looked. They decided it was fine since I told them I didn't feel any different. They did say if it bothered me though to tell them and they would do something about it. I said I would tell them if anything happened. I was relieved they believed me and didn't ask anything else about it.