Chapter 38

A few weeks later.....
Cosmo asked for the millionth time,
"Why haven't you told us how urgent the problem is?"
I groaned and said,
"If I tell you, will you stop bothering me about it?!"
Cosmo flashed a smile at me and said,
"Yep. I promise I will!"
I sighed and said,
"I already told you this before but I'll tell you again. I can't tell you what the problem is but I can tell you how urgent it is."
"I know. I wish we knew everything but if you can't tell us we understand."
I saw Flynn and Ariella nod their heads in agreement and I continued to say,
"If I number how urgent it was it would be an eight out of ten."
Ariella then said,
"No wonder you didn't want to tell us. You didn't want us to worry!"
"Yep pretty much. But since some curtain someone kept annoying the heck out of me I had to tell you just to keep that person from keep asking about it!"
Everyone laughed and Flynn then said,
"At least it wasn't a ten!"
I sighed and said,
"That's true I guess. Also the good news for you is that it's more a problem for the demons not for anyone else."
"Well at least that's something."
Before I could say anything else I saw something blue rush towards us! As it got closer I saw it was a dragon! She landed in front of me and I saw it was Kaida! My friends looked shocked and I said to her,
"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"
Kaida then said,
"You said to get you when the next leader's egg is about to hatch!"
"I DID BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT YOU SHOULDN'T BE SEEN BY OTHER PEOPLE!?"
Kaida looked around and she finally realized that my friends were there! She then said,
"Oh....I was so fixated on telling you I might have forgotten to see if anyone was around you!"
I sighed and took deep breaths and said,
"It's okay. If I were in your shoes I would probably do the same thing! I would be more angry if you showed up when I was around strangers but instead it was my friends. I trust them enough to not tell anyone! Did anyone else see you?!"
"No, don't worry. I made sure to travel in the woods and if I ever did see people I would fly up really high so they couldn't see me! They did send me to get you because I was way less noticeable than everyone else!"
"That's true. Why didn't you go find my mom first?"
"Around this time your mom is usually working in the city! Everyone would pretty much see me and you know how bad that is! I knew that you would probably be in the woods so I chose to find you instead!"
Cosmo finally spoke up and said,
"I THOUGHT DRAGONS WERE EXTINCT!?"
I then said,
"That took a long time for you to say anything!"
"I WAS GETTING OVER THE SHOCK OF EVEN SEEING A DRAGON!?"
I laughed and said,
"Well that makes sense!"
"EXPLAIN HOW THEIR IS A DRAGON HERE?!"
"Okay I will! Calm down though. It's not a big deal
"NOT A BIG DEAL?!"
"Okay maybe it is a big deal but could you calm down first? It will be hard to explain if you kept interrupting because you aren't calm!"
I saw my friends take deep breaths and Cosmo said,
"I think we are calm enough to listen."
"Okay that's good. This will be easier to explain then!"
I explained to them why there was a dragon in front of them and after I was finished Ariella then said,
"I see why you want us to keep this a secret! Don't worry we won't tell anyone!"
Flynn then said,
"Jeez, people are so greedy for some sort of long life! They will even kill dragons for no reason even though they didn't do anything to them! I agree with Ariella, I won't tell anyone!"
Cosmo then said,
"I'm guessing you knew the dragons were still alive because the leader knows about the dragons right? Also I won't tell anyone either!"
I smiled and said,
"Yep, that's the only reason I know! It was passed down from leader to leader so they could give the dragons food! We didn't want them to risk being seen if they needed to eat! The good thing is that dragons don't need to eat often!"
I can't really tell them that the same person has been taking care of the dragons for thousands of years! They don't know that demons can't die from old age!
Cosmo said,
"That makes sense! It would be pretty bad if anyone saw a dragon!? Oooo I have a great idea! Can we see the baby dragon hatch?! That would be so cool to see!"
"Well I'm okay with it but Kaida do you think it's okay to bring them to see the baby dragon hatch?"
Kaida then said,
"I don't see why not! They are your friends and you trust them so I'm pretty sure that is okay."
My friends jumped up and down in excitement and Ariella said,
"Yay! I'm really excited to see so many dragons!"
Cosmo said,
"I'm pretty excited to see that too but I'm more excited to see a baby dragon hatch!"
Flynn said,
"I agree with both of you! I'm super excited!"
I smiled and then said,
"Is it okay if I talk to Kaida alone? I need to talk to her about something!"
Ariella said,
"I'm guessing it has to do with dragons and something we can't know!"
"Yep pretty much."
"Okay then. I think we are fine if you do that. I know some things can't be told to us! We will wait here for you to come back!"
Cosmo and Flynn nodded their heads in agreement and me and Kaida flew up and went far away to talk. We flew down and landed and Kaida said,
"What do you want to talk about?"
"Two things actually, the first is could you tell the dragons that my friends are coming with me? I'm worried that if they see other people with me they might attack them!"
"That's true. I'll also tell them how they found out about us! I don't want you to get in trouble because you brought other people to our home for no reason!"
"Okay thanks! That's a good idea. The second thing I want to tell them is that my friends don't know that I'm a Bloodwolf! They think I'm a half werewolf and half demon! So make sure the dragons don't bring it up that I am one!"
"Okay, sounds good! Also if you are wondering, you don't exactly have to rush to get there. Unless something unexpected happens the baby dragon will hatch in around an hour!"
"Okay that's good to know! I'm glad I don't have to rush to much! One of us can carry Flynn and we can fly there. It won't take to long to get there from here!"
"Before I go back, anything else you need to tell the dragons before your friends come?"
"No, I'm pretty sure that's it! I'm going to go back and bring them to the cave after a few minutes of waiting though. I don't want to come before you after all! It would be pretty bad if the dragons didn't know that my friends are coming too!"
"Okay, sounds good! I'll make sure to get there quickly then! See you soon."
"See you!"
She flew off and after a couple seconds I also flew up and started to go to where my friends were.