Chapter 36

A week later....
Ariella said,
"What should we do today?"
I then said,
"I have a great idea! After a long and boring day of school we could get ice cream!"
Cosmo then said,
"Oooo sounds like a great idea! I now know that I can get the most expensive ice cream!"
"Just because you know I'm rich now doesn't mean I want to buy the most expensive things!"
Everyone laughed. I am glad I can tell when they are making jokes now.
Soul chuckled and said,
I must say it was pretty funny to see you freak out or look confused until they told you it was a joke!
Hey! I thought we were friends!
Just because we are friends doesn't mean I can't tease you!
I rolled my eyes and remembered something and said,
Before I forget to bring it up again I have something to ask!
What is it? Is it important?
Well I have no idea and that's why I want to ask you about it. I've noticed that your naps to make sure my magic doesn't go out of control are getting pretty long! Do you know why?
Don't you think you're imagining things?
No I'm positive I'm not! Is there something you're not telling me?!
No. I'm not hiding anything from you!
Yes you are! You are lying! Did you forget that I can tell when you're lying?!
I'm not lying!
Yes you are!
No I'm really not!
I don't believe you!
I sighed and continued to say,
I can tell you're not going to say anything about it and I don't want to ruin my mood for ice cream later! I'll bring it up later!
As I was about to say something to Flynn I then felt a sharp pain in my head and I could feel myself getting hotter! Then I heard my dad's voice in my head, ATTENTION ATTENTION: EVERY SINGLE DEMON COME TO MY THROWN ROOM IMMEDIATELY! THERE IS SOMETHING VERY URGENT I NEED TO TELL EVERYONE!
My face paled and I saw my friends faces looked shocked and I took deep breaths and said,
"What is it?"
Cosmo said in a shaky voice,
"All the demon's horns around the area including yours were flashed red multiple times! As the horns stopped flashing I saw pretty much every single demon in the city fly up and headed to the woods quickly! You also look pretty pale! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED AND YOU BETTER NOT LIE TO US!"
"Oh, no wonder you're shocked. I guess I should tell you so you don't freak out. You see the Demon King just summoned every single demon to his throne room! He said something very urgent came up!"
"WHAT?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S SO URGENT?!"
"I have no idea! He just said to come immediately and he has something urgent to tell everyone!"
I saw my friends take breaths and Flynn said,
"You aren't lying to us right? You don't actually know?!"
"I promise you and you know how much I hate breaking promises especially to my friends! I would tell you if I knew!"
"Okay then I believe you! I guess we know something else we didn't know about demons. They can communicate with each other telepathically!"
"Well only the Demon King can do it. It costs A LOT of magic power to do it so he can't do it often!"
Actually only my dad can do it. It was impossible to do it before because even the Demon King before him didn't have enough magic! But my dad can probably do it because of what happened in his past with being reincarnated and all!
"Well that's still impressive that the Demon King can do that!"
"It really is!"
Flynn then said,
"I bet when everyone saw pretty much every demon fly up they were confused! I wonder what's going through most of their heads!"
I replied,
"I might have an idea what they are feeling but I might be wrong. I bet most people might be scared. They probably thought it was pretty serious if every demon started flying up at the same time! Demons don't go to fast while flying but they saw them fly pretty quickly to the woods! They also saw the demon's horns flash red too! There are multiple reasons why people would be scared!"
"I agree with all of what you just said! To be honest if I didn't know anything what was going on either I might have been scared! Good thing we have a demon as a friend!"
I laughed and said,
"That's true!"
Ariella then said,
"Is it okay if we come with you?"
"No, I'm pretty sure only demons can come. I would get in huge trouble if I bring you! I will tell you later what is so urgent when I get back though. Well unless the Demon King tells us not to then I'm afraid I can't tell you. I could at least tell you how urgent it is but I might not be able to tell you what that urgent thing is!"
I can't really bring them into the Underworld after all! I would love to tell them but knowing how urgent it is I don't think anyone other than demons should know! It could have something to do with the Underworld! No one other than the demons of course knows that we live there so it's not like we can tell anyone even if they are my friends!
"I guess that makes sense but why can't we know?! We are your friends aren't we?!"
"It has nothing to do with you being my friends. Don't get me wrong I would love to tell you. I can't because if I do then the Demon King said there would be serious consequences if we do!"
"I'm guessing those consequences aren't very fun!"
"Yep they really aren't!"
"Okay then. I know that you would really like to tell us but if you can't tell us then we don't push you!"
Cosmo then said,
"You really should go! You did say it was urgent and we are keeping you here! Don't you really need to hurry then?! You might get in trouble if you keep talking to us!"
"That's true! I will get going then! Wish me luck! Also don't worry I don't think I will get into to much trouble if I don't come quickly! I bet other demons had to make excuses so they could go too!"
"That's true! Good luck and I hope it's not to urgent!"
"It probably is pretty urgent because I've read the history books about demons multiple times and this has never happened before!"
"Well you never know it might not be to bad!"
"I doubt it but we can only hope! See you guys later!"
Everyone said at the same time,
"Bye and I hope it's not to serous!"
I nodded and I flew up quickly and went towards the woods!