Chapter 53

A month later.....
Soul groaned and said,
Do we have to go see the dragons?
Yes we do!
Why, though? Couldn't we do something else?!
You know why we are doing this! We can't hang out with my friends! They are busy doing a lot of things today and I already talked to my parents! I have nothing else to do anyways. After thinking of what to do I remembered I told the dragons I would come over more often. I kept getting sidetracked and completely forgot about it until now!
I would have loved it if you forgot about it forever!
Why do you hate the dragons so much?!
I hate everyone equally! I would rather you stay at home bored than talk to anyone!
Of course you would but that's not happening. Unlike you I like talking to others and not being bored! If you really don't want me to not talk to anyone then you can take a nap if you get to annoyed!
I would love to do that but knowing my luck I would probably miss something I should be awake for! Even though dragons are really annoying, something always interesting tends to happen!
I laughed and said,
That's true. Well I guess you will be stuck with hearing me talk to dragons then.
I feel like you're getting a kick out of me not being able to take a nap because I might miss out on something! Do you like laughing at my pain?
Well if you liked other people more than this wouldn't even be a problem.
YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CREATED ME LIKE THIS!
Well technically I created you by accident and I didn't have any control over that. I also created you to make your own choices. So you can easily like other people if you decide to. You could easily decide to be friends with other people like you did to me!
Well I guess that's true but why would I be friends with such annoying people?
I sighed and said,
Of course you would say that! Well talking to you is fun and all but I want to talk to the dragons now.
Soul groaned and said,
Fine, whatever! I'll be here listening then because that's the only thing I can do!
I sighed and landed in front of Edna. Before I could talk to her, I saw a streak of colors rush at me! The colorful thing tackled me and I was pushed backwards on the floor. When I looked to see what it was I saw it was Brenna! She then said,
"Mom! I'm so happy you are here!"
Edna laughed and said,
"I was wondering why Brenna got so excited all of a sudden but now I know why! She sensed you were coming."
I chuckled and said,
"I saw a colorful blob coming towards me and I had no idea what it was until she tackled me! You are so cute Brenna but could you please get off me so I could sit up?"
Brenna then said,
"Sorry! I got so excited I completely forgot that I could push you back like that!"
"That's okay little one."
She got off me and I sat up. She then climbed up on me until she got on my shoulder and curled around my neck. Edna then said,
"Awwww that's so cute!"
"I agree, she really is really adorable."
As I looked around I saw something hiding behind one of Edna's legs! I sniffed to smell what it was and I could tell right away it was a dragon! I then said,
"EDNA YOU NEVER TOLD ME A BABY DRAGON HATCHED!"
Edna said,
"Oh oops. I meant to tell you but I got distracted with how Brenna is so cute with you! She hatched around three weeks ago!"
I took a deep breath and said,
"Why didn't you tell me?!"
"After what happened last time I didn't really want to send someone to tell you."
I thought for a second and said,
"Yep, that makes sense. Last time you sent someone my friends found out about dragons!"
"I also thought it would be a great surprise that a new baby dragon hatched when you did some back here."
"I was definitely surprised!"
Edna then said to the baby dragon,
"Come out and introduce yourself."
The baby dragon said,
"No! I don't want to come out! She's scary!!!!"
"I told you about her before you came here. I thought you said you were really excited to meet her!"
"I was until I saw how much magic she has!"
"I think you're mistaken little one. She said she doesn't have magic!"
"She's lying then! She clearly does and I could tell she used it before!"
I then said,
"Wait! I didn't know some dragons could sense magic power!"
Edna then said,
"That's not surprising that you didn't know. It's very rare for a dragon to have that ability. I think it's been around two million years since a dragon had that power! I'm so sorry about her! I don't know why she's saying that. She sometimes can be a troublemaker!"
The baby dragon said,
"I'm not lying!"
"Do I have to tell you to sit in the corner?!"
I could tell by the dragons voice that she started to cry and she said,
"BELIEVE ME, I'M NOT LYING!"
"YOUNG LADY STOP THIS NONSENSE RIGHT NOW!"
I don't like seeing this baby dragon sad! She did nothing wrong and I don't want her to get in trouble because of me. Maybe it's time to tell them the truth. I really should have told Edna a while ago but I was so scared of what she would think!
Soul then said,
Are you sure you want to tell them?!
I think I should. I've been hiding it for so long and it's starting to hurt lying to everyone! I actually want to talk to someone other than you about this!
I understand. I won't stop you from telling Edna. Whatever she thinks of you I will still be with you even if her reaction is bad!
I smiled slightly at Soul and said,
Thanks for saying that. You're a great friend!
I took a deep breath and said,
"I actually can use magic!"
Edna then said,
"WAIT!!! WHAT?!"