Chapter 42

We stood in front of my dad and when my friends saw how big the Demon King was their mouths fell open and they quickled bowed down! When Cosmo saw I wasn't doing the same he whispered to me,
"What are you doing?! You should bow down to the Demon King!"
I then said,
"Why should I bow down to him?"
My dad laughed and said,
"You didn't have to bow to me! You are friends of my daughter after all!"
They all looked shocked and they stood up and Cosmo said,
"SILVERHEART IS YOUR DAUGHTER?!"
My dad then said,
"I thought Silverheart would have told you by now!"
I glared at him and said,
"I'm positive you already knew I didn't want to tell them that! You are just like mom in that way!"
"Well I might have known that you didn't want to tell them but they would have found out eventually. They also should know because you are their friends after all! Also if I didn't say anything my wife would have totally said something. I would have completely missed their reactions when they found out again!"
I rolled my eyes and Soul laughed and said,
WOW THAT WAS AMAZING! Seeing how shocked they were was so priceless to see!
Even though I'm annoyed that my dad did tell them that it was pretty funny seeing their reactions!
The best thing about being like this is that I can look through your memories over and over again seeing that scene! I love seeing your friends' reactions about certain things. I guess that is the only reason I like that other people exist other than you! Their reactions to different things are hilarious sometimes!
Well at least you like one thing about them. Maybe that will mean in the future you will start to like other things!
I really doubt it. But I guess if that makes you happy thinking that it will happen in future then I won't stop you from thinking that.
You know what would also make me happy?
I feel like I'm going to regret what you are going to say but what would make you happy?
If you tell me how my magic opens up the portal!
Soul sighed and said,
This again! You keep asking that but why do you want to know so badly?
Because when you are not telling me something means that you're hiding something important from me!
I'm not hiding anything important from you. I just don't feel like explaining it to you because I'm lazy and it would be a pain!
You keep saying that but I bet you just don't want to tell me!
Soul groaned and said,
Ask me when I feel like telling you!
You said that around five times already when I asked you about it! If you don't tell me I'm going to keep asking you here over and over again until you do! Talking to you does freeze time so we have all the time in the world!
I sometimes wish you weren't smart because then you would have never thought of this idea!
So are you going to tell me or not? I will keep asking!
Soul sighed and said,
Okay fine! I'll tell you, will that make you happy?
Yep!
As I told you already the portals open because of your magic. I have a question for you, where does demon magic come from?
It comes from the Underworld right? I remember dad saying something like that. I have no idea why it comes from the Underworld though. When I asked my dad why he said it has always been a mystery of why it comes from it. But why does that have anything to do with the portals?
It has everything to do with the portals! Since you draw so much power from the Underworld the magic in it is decreasing a lot! It then opens portals and pulls everything in them because everyone has some sort of life energy!
Oh now everything makes sense of why people get pulled into the portal if they have been around demons a lot! Since demons have more life energy than anyone when they are around people I guess it sticks to other people eventually! It also makes even more sense that it even pulls other people inside the portals even if they aren't around demons. Some people have more life energy than most!
Yep pretty much!
I usually sometimes check on them just in case the memory wipe doesn't work. It always works but as my mom said to me multiple times, unexpected things happen! When I checked up on them I noticed that everyone who leaves the portal to the overworld seems pretty tired! How much life energy does the portals take?!
Ummmm I think you don't want to know that answer!
I glared at him and said,
Tell me or I will have to order you to tell me even if I hate doing that!
Soul sighed and said,
Fine I'll tell you but please don't get upset after hearing how much.
I can't promise that but I will try my best to stay calm.
Okay, good. It takes around half of their life energy!
WHAT?! THAT'S PRETTY BAD!
This is why I didn't want to tell you. You're freaking out!
HOW COULD I NOT WHEN THEY COULD DIE IF THEY DON'T HAVE ANY LIFE ENERGY?!
That's why it only takes half not all! If they eat healthy and get sleep their life energy will fill up in no time! Try to calm down please! I don't want your magic to go out of control!
I took deep breaths and said,
Okay I guess I feel more calm then before. I noticed that the same person doesn't get taken into the portal again after the first time. I was wondering why but now it makes sense!
Well that's good. I'm glad you're not freaking out now. One thing that has been on my mind lately is that I've always wondered why we can't talk about life energy! Not even the demons know other than you and your parents!
Well I asked that remember. He said demons did use to know about life energy until something horrible happened and they had their memories wiped of anything to do with life energy!
I know. I'm just wondering what happened back then that was so bad everyone had to forget about life energy!
I have no idea. My dad said he didn't really want to talk about it. It must have been pretty bad so I don't really want to know.
Of course you don't! I really want to know though!
Let me guess you want to know what happened because it would be a pretty dark story that you would love to hear!
Yep pretty much! You know me so well!
I rolled my eyes and went back to talking to my friends.